Senior Fleet Mechanic
Company: US Foods Careers
Posted on: November 14, 2023
ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY
THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and
maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer,
thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. Ensure
compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations.
Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation,
completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all
repairs and parts used daily. The position will be required to
perform road rescue as needed.
Offering a $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Our Sr. Fleet Mechanic has a pay range of $35.00 - $40.00 an hour.
We are looking for Fleet Mechanics who relish the chance to push
their potential, grow and reap the rewards of joining the US FOODS
We help you make it! US FOODS - is one of the largest food
distributors with a culture and history of promotion from within,
excellent training programs, and a continuous improvement
US FOODS - has a lot to offer:
- US FOODS - is the company built on YOU Matter, where your hard
work is rewarded.
- We are committed to compensation, and benefits that respect,
and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work.
- Paid Training AND Paid Overtime
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Company with a history of promotion from within and unlimited
career growth opportunities w/ ongoing job skills and leadership
- Excellent Leadership BENEFITS START DAY ONE: medical, dental,
vision, 401(k) Plan, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) life
insurance and paid parental leave.
Main Ingredients of the Job!
Our US FOODS - Fleet Mechanics are responsible for troubleshooting,
diagnosing, rebuilding, replacing, and completing all required
diesel equipment repairs (i.e., tractors, trailers, bobtails,
reefers, lift gates, etc.).
Schedule: (9 pm to 5 am) Sun-Thurs
Great Fleet Mechanics are crucial to the US FOODS - team and one of
the important faces of our organization. Our Mechanics strive for
integrity and reliability while building trusting relationships
with team members.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal trucking
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list, and parts
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and
- Handle road service calls: perform road rescue/transport
equipment as needed.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel. What you bring to
- High School Diploma or GED Required Related
- A valid Class-A CDL license and DOT certification are
- Must have (7) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a
heavy-duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a
combination of both; or (5) years of verifiable hands-on experience
with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM programs.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- Ability to comply with EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
(Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations as
pertaining to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate with
co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
Your efforts as a Fleet Mechanic are the foundation that defines US
FOODS - success based on our pillars of cultural beliefs, work
ethic, collaborative spirit, and service.
BECOME A US FOODS - TEAM MEMBER!
Stay updated by following US Foods on any of our social media
platforms at the bottom of the page!
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: US Foods Careers, Livermore , Senior Fleet Mechanic, Professions , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!