Maintenance Manager - Apt./Condo
Company: Goldrich & Kest Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Description GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as
one of the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and
congregate care through acquisition and development while providing
stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors. Position
- Salary Range: $26-$30 hourly (DOE)
- Work Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday (8:30am - 5:30pm)
- Apartment Unit: This position does not come with a comped
- Non-Exempt Job SummaryUnder the Supervision of the Maintenance
Manager, the Assistant Maintenance Manager is responsible to assist
and maintain the overall appearance and maintenance needs of the
community. Responsibilities include curb appeal; help the
Maintenance Manager; coordinate make-readies and move ins/move out
schedules; perform general maintenance repairs; conduct
preventative maintenance and oversee the
construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community. The
selected candidate will collaborate with the Maintenance Manager
for the overall property in order to assist the leasing staff in
achieving the overall occupancy goals and assisting in resident
retention by providing a quality living experience for the
residents.Essential FunctionsThis job description should not be
interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the
essential functions and requirements of this position. The
incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities
and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Assists with the daily activities of the property's maintenance
team. Apply GK policies and procedures to all maintenance
operations of the community.
- Ensure all work is completed according to GK standards.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to coordinate the
move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion
of all repairs in preparation for all new residents. Unit turns
need to be completed in 5 days.
- Assists in Managing open service requests through Onesite. Work
orders need to be completed in 24-48 hours.
- Communicate with the Maintenance Manager regarding the status
of work and any potential issues, reporting anything that may be a
- Comply with GK's key control policy by ensuring all keys must
be secured and no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all residents.
- Communicate with Maintenance Manager to maintain an up-to-date
supply inventory on all equipment, tools, and supplies for the
- Help to consistently maintain a clean and attractive
environment around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and all common areas.
- Pick up trash on the property and in common areas, which
includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs,
trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Ensure policies and procedures, as well as safety and
compliance expectations are met.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements.
- Report to Maintenance Manger any inoperable vehicles on
property, leaks, mold, injury, criminal activity and ensures
incident report is submitted immediately.
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a
safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and
- Walk the property several times a day and picks up new debris,
including pet waste. Ensures pet stations are stocked and emptied
at all times.
- Help to maintain the property's flowerbeds, plants, and grass
area, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance
(including pool furniture), and snow removal.
- Help to maintain clean doors and light fixtures throughout
property, as directed.
- Help conduct monthly lighting inspections and replacements of
lights where needed.
- Help to keep work areas, maintenance shops, storage areas,
equipment clean, and well organized.
- Help to perform common area painting.
- Assists office staff, as needed, with posting notices on
- Present a professional, efficient attitude to ensure resident
satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Materials and EquipmentThis
role routinely uses stepstools, ladders, power tools, hammers
drills, saws, and basic hand tools. Hand carts are used to
transports supplies. Work aides include electrical, plumbing,
maintenance, and cleaning supplies. Other work aids can include
paint, paint thinner, caulking, tile, and concrete.Standard office
equipment such as computers, smart phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and other presentation materials.Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers,
visitors, and residents
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management,
and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work weekends, respond to after hour emergencies, as
needed. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation is
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Ability to perform professional level maintenance services
- Knowledge of and ability to use simple tools and equipment
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain expenses within the
budgetMinimum Qualifications Required:
- 3 + years' experience in maintenance or related industry.
- Previous Multifamily property experience is highly
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize
- Customer service orientation with the ability to work with
residents, vendors, management, and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and OSHA
- Previous experience in work order management software highly
preferred as well as MS Office products, Excel, Word, and
Outlook.Physical RequirementsWhile performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This
position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending,
kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60 pounds with
assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Goldrich & Kest Inc., Livermore , Maintenance Manager - Apt./Condo, Professions , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...