Permit Manager, Construction
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Permit Manager, Construction Tech and Field Operations
Livermore, CA Apply Now Job Type Full Time Team Tech and Field
Operations Pub. Date 01/05/23 WHO WE ARE Comcast brings together
the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the
world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50
leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating
businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of
locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and
move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring
cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of
customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our
vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future
in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at
Comcast. JOB DESCRIPTION Job SummaryResponsible for overseeing
permitting of all construction activities in support of the Road to
10G project. Collaborates with the Director to develop budgets for
and allocate appropriate funds for rebuilds, upgrades and other
construction efforts. Oversees project cost reconciliation at
completion of project build. Ensures operational plans are aligned
with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy
development. Assists with local regulatory, permitting and policy
concerns for the program.Please note: Hybrid role = 3 days in
office/ 2 remote; must be able to attend events in the evenings and
on weekends networking with local government officials on
occasionJob DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Schedules construction projects; oversees compliance of safety
standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Initiates and monitors processes for expenditures and ensures
budgets are met.
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety
regulations are being upheld.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames
are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and
generates reports on project status.
- Manages all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to
Company Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA,
State, County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Identifies important municipal issues of significance to the
- Reviews, interprets and communicates meanings of the terms and
conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements and other
contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and
- Work with municipalities and permitting entities to ensure a
smooth permitting process.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure
budgeted subscribers are built, activated and/or upgraded, as
- Manages Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians to provide
feedback in order to help employees with career development.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other basis protected by applicable law.
EducationBachelor's DegreeWhile possessing the stated degree is
preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some
combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive
related professional experience.Relevant Work Experience5-7
YearsSalary:Pay Range: $113,719.27 - $170,578.90Comcast intends to
offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent
on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.Base
pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers
site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Livermore , Permit Manager, Construction, Professions , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!