Warehouse Associate I
Company: White Cap
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for
specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling,
shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a
generalized role working in all departments. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area,
such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such
as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or
strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and
products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials
to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in
order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience. PRID PRID140 Job Locations US-CA-Livermore
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (3/17/2021 10:35 AM) Job ID 2020-38932
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Livermore , Warehouse Associate I, Professions , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!