Electronics Assembler and Network Installer - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANC
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Sr. Electronics Fabrication
Technician(s)/Electronics Fabrication Technician Specialist(s). You
will fabricate and install electromechanical components, systems
and network infrastructure for new and on-going experiments in
multiple facilities. The scope of the work may include programmatic
support of experiments at various LLNL locations. This position is
in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED), within the
In this role you will
- Provide general fabrication support on experimental apparatuses
using standard machine tools, hand tools, soldering techniques, and
test and measurement equipment.
- Utilize schematic drawings, parts list, and assembly drawings
to convert moderately complex requirements into specific hardware
deliverables and estimates.
- Install, evaluate, test, and debug moderately complex chassis
and/or rack equipment and assemblies.
- Install and test network infrastructure and equipment.
- Install cable trays and mounting hardware as required using
hand and power tools.
- Log and report activities and tasks as required using time
- Operate a forklift, scissor-lift, and man-lift in association
with work activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The 532.3 Level
- Propose solutions and alternate approaches to solve complex
electro-mechanical fabrication and installation problems and tasks
and seek engineering or supervisor support for clarification.
- Generate estimates, provide work instruction and lead teams to
accomplish fabrication, modification, and installation of network
and electro-mechanical systems and components based on layouts,
diagrams, and verbal instruction.
- Provide advanced fabrication support on complex experimental
apparatuses using standard machine tools, hand tools, soldering
techniques, and to test and measurement equipment.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial,
Manufacturing Technology or related field, or the equivalent
combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience installing and testing wired and wireless network
infrastructure including Cat5e, Cat6, single and multi-mode fiber
- Intermediate skills and understanding of the fabrication,
modification, and installation of moderately complex network and
electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Experience working in a customer service/field support
- Ability to identify, analyze, negotiate, and solve moderately
complex problems using established guidelines, techniques, and
- General knowledge of network infrastructure industry
- General knowledge of building and fire code as they apply to
facility and infrastructure.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication
Additional Qualifications At The 532.3 Level
- Advanced understanding of and significant experience
translating complex electrical, electronic, and mechanical drawings
into working estimates including both time and materials required
making additional recommendations as necessary.
- Ability to lead work teams and train coworkers to complete
tasks safely and efficiently while producing high quality
Qualifications We Desire
- Current or previous industry recognized certification in fiber
- Current or prior certification for operation of a forklift,
manlift and/or scissor lift.
- Current or prior respirator certification.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Electronics Assembler and Network Installer - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANC, Professions , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!