Desktop Support Technician
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 14, 2021
We have an opening for a Computer Support Technician to provide
computer support for unclassified and/or classified systems in a
heterogeneous environment to solve a variety of complex technical
problems in a timely manner. You will be responsible for
installing, configuring, securing and maintaining systems, as well
as loading layered products and troubleshooting system problems.
This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO)
Division in the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and
related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job
responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the
In this role you will
- Install new computer system hardware and upgrades.
- Install and configure printers and other peripherals.
- Install and configure operating systems, computer security and
- Secure computer systems and monitor to ensure that they are in
compliance with Department of Energy (DOE) - mandated orders.
- Diagnose and resolve moderately complex system, printer, and
- Provide technical assistance to the user community.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The 593.3 Level
- Perform complex installations and configurations.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system and network-related
- Provide advanced technical assistance to the user
- Associate's Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent
combination of technical training and experience.
- General working knowledge of desktop and/or server computer
hardware and operating systems (viz., Mac OS and/or Windows
- Experience and knowledge of administering, troubleshooting,
maintaining, and repairing Apple and/or Windows computer
- Experience with and knowledge of the skills needed for a
customer support role to include a focus on listening,
rapport-building, good communication skills, friendly and
approachable nature, and courtesy and patience.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communications
skills, with the ability to interact with customers and team
- Experience with and knowledge of Mac and/or Windows computer
security protocols to manage user accounts, as well as control and
Additional Qualifications At The 593.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of Mac and/or Windows operating systems and
associated computer hardware.
- Significant experience developing tools and utilities.
- Significant experience resolving complex system and
Qualifications We Desire
- Professional computer certification (e.g., MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA
- Experience securing computer systems, writing security plans,
and monitoring activity to ensure compliance with DOE mandated
- General working knowledge of network hardware, software,
protocols, and principles.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Desktop Support Technician, Professions , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!