Senior Underwriting Specialist
Company: FM Global
Posted on: September 18, 2022
More information about this job: Overview:
This position has an advanced knowledge of the company s
underwriting requirements. Through advanced interpersonal skills
and negotiation skills, provides underwriting technical expertise
to the Account Manager and the Client Service Staff/Operations.
Also provides expertise and training on routine procedural issues
and new standards to facilitate understanding, implementation, and
- Develops and recommends underwriting solutions when confronted
with complex and unusual risks or unacceptable exposures. Solutions
may require a departure from current guidelines.
- Works with Account Managers to ensure policies, binders,
endorsements, and other Underwriting documents are properly
prepared and executed. This also includes the analysis and design
of manuscript wording that meets the needs of the client and FM
Global (uses knowledge of manuscript forms/clauses and market
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the key elements of
purchasing reinsurance, program structure, layering and pricing.
Effectively uses FM Global s capacity, including in-house
reinsurance facilities, to maximize net and reduce reinsurance
- Provides technical underwriting consulting/mentoring to others
to ensure consistently strong profits. Keeps current with market
pricing and practices.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of company underwriting
standards, policy forms and coverages, and loss prevention
practices. Introduces and provides training to ensure
implementation and compliance. Maintains knowledge of current
- Effectively uses interpersonal skills to influence others to
help meet corporate objectives.
- Conducts regular operational underwriting audits that support
Corporate and Operations objectives.
- Participates in special projects to facilitate and assure
appropriate implementation of either corporate or operational
initiatives, as assigned.
- Handles accounts and prospects as assigned.
- Effectively manages significant workload so that
assistance/mentoring can be provided to others.
- Assists in the development and delivery of effective
presentations to clients/brokers, management, and others, through
analysis of audience, logical flow, and concise communication.
- Conducts policy reviews
- 4 Year College Degree/Bachelors
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience with at least 3 years as
an Underwriter or equivalent position with FM Global.
- Strong technical underwriting knowledge, decision making and
knowledge of internal IS systems.
- Advanced proficiencies of Business Communications, Exposure
Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Negotiations, Planning &
Organizing, Policy Terms and Conditions, Profitability Analysis and
Pricing, program Structure and Linesetting and Underwriting
Guidelines. We offer our employees a wide range of benefits
including career long learning opportunities, tuition
reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health
and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer
days and so much more!FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse
workforce. Please note that all FM Global visitors, including
external candidates interviewing for open positions will be
required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof
Keywords: FM Global, Livermore , Senior Underwriting Specialist, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!