Quality Control Lead
Posted on: September 17, 2022
We are partnering with a leading Original Equipment Manufacturer
(OEM) distributor in Livermore who is seeking a Quality Control
Lead. This is a great opportunity to become a part of an
employee-owned company that is rapidly growing!Company "WOW"
- Employee owned company
- Longevity among employees
- Employee valued company culture
- Offer great benefits
- High MoraleJob PurposeThe QC Lead is responsible for
controlling the quality of the products released by Powermatic. The
QC Lead oversees the quality tests performed by the Quality
Specialists, ensures the quality of materials, and finished
products as well as identifies areas of improvement to increase
efficiency. The QC Lead supervises the team conducting a variety of
tests on assemblies and parts to ensure units function, according
to specifications, and documents the findings. The position follows
standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensuretheir
work is as efficient and safe as possible. The QC Lead reports
directly to the Quality Head.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the requirements of each critical process and each
product requiring QC release (i.e. PAPRS for Value-Add
- Create, obtain approval, and help implement critical Powermatic
QC processes including:
- QC Visual Inspection
- QC Functional Testing
- Non-Conforming (NC) / Out-of-Specification (OO) Process
- Determine, measure, and report QC KPIs.
- Utilize and support QC team members appropriately to support
the above duties.
- Work closely with the Quality Head to address staffing and
performance related concerns of the QC team.
- If challenges arise preventing effective discharge of above
duties, gather pertinent information and alert Quality Head.
- The QC Lead also actively participates in the QC tests,
including the following:
- Troubleshoot errors in cable builds.
- Test functional performance of assemblies, and parts under
- Ensure assemblies are built to specifications and that assembly
instructions are completed at production sections.
- Verify parts used are correct to Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Ensure the drawings are adequate to use and that any red lines
have the appropriate authorization and approvals.
- Perform OBA (Out of Box Audits), when required.
- When needed, back up In-Process and Receiving Quality Inspector
- Accept and reject assemblies based on prints, specifications,
workmanship standards through inspection & test.
- Create non-conformance report (NCR) per the documented
- Complete first article inspection (FAI) and appropriate
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in line with
- Maintain reliable and regular work attendance.
- Understanding and adherence to the Safety Codes of
- Other duties as assigned, needed or required.Minimum
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of Quality Control experience (prior experience as a
supervisor or Lead preferred)
- Good working knowledge of electronic assembly
- Able to interpret blueprints, sketches, and/or verbal
- Knowledge and experience with ISO9001:2015 QMS standard,
certified CQA preferred
- Knowledge and experience with IPC-A-620C, certified CIS
- Experience using CIRRUS tester
- Experience with OOS (out-of-specification) process
- Skilled in the use of all types of hand and power tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail is required
- Ability to work as a team or independent
successfullyCompensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $25 - $30
Keywords: PrideStaff, Livermore , Quality Control Lead, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!