Senior Defense Systems Engineer - Active Security Clearance Required
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: June 22, 2022
We have multiple openings for Senior Defense Systems Engineers. You
will participate in the nuclear weapon Life Extension Programs
(LEPs). -We provide -nuclear weapon engineering design expertise;
systems engineering; experimental device design; fabrication and
assembly; surveillance of nuclear stockpile components; engineering
analysis and computational simulation; and engineering testing for
evaluation and maintenance of the enduring and future nuclear
weapon stockpile. These positions are in the Defense Technologies
Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate.
DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI)
Programs.These positions will be filled at either level based on
knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team.
Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned
if hired at the higher level.In this role you will
- Provide technical expertise in mechanical design and/or systems
- Develop and produce advanced conceptual and detail designs that
meet technical requirements.
- Provide customers with engineering solutions for a wide range
of engineering challenges associated with execution of ongoing
programmatic activities including the generation of planning
documents, reports, and presentations as required to support
- Manage project interfaces and deployment interfacing with other
organizations internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Serve on cross-cutting technical teams or project teams in
support of the stockpile stewardship mission of the
- Lead and/or provide guidance and technical direction to
multidisciplinary project teams in a growing, dynamic
- Perform other duties as assigned.Additional job
responsibilities, at the SES.4 level
- Set broad project vision and strategy and influence technical
direction for self and others.
- Provide expert capability in highly complex mechanical design
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE)
Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another
U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or
the equivalent combination of education and related
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical design.
- Significant experience in prototype development and testing, as
well as hardware design and analysis.
- Ability to devise solutions for unique and complex
- Ability and flexibility to reprioritize and change programmatic
direction depending on emergent requests.
- Significant experience managing, overseeing, and delivering
multiple projects on budget and on schedule.
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor junior team members.
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to present
concepts and ideas in a clear and coherent manner, both verbal and
written for presentation and interaction with other technical staff
members.Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Subject matter expertise in highly complex mechanical design
and analysis and significant experience in project planning and
providing technical leadership. -
- Significant experience developing and implementing creative
solutions to a diverse range of highly complex problems and leading
corrective actions where necessary.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills
necessary to present, explain, and advise senior management and/or
external sponsors and strong track record of team building and
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Position InformationThis is a Career Indefinite
position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered
for this position.Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 -Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
environmentLearn more about our company, selection process,
position types and security clearances by visiting our . -COVID-19
Vaccination MandateLLNL demonstrates its commitment to public
safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized
against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable
state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires
including those who will be working on site, as well as those who
will be teleworking.Security ClearanceThis position requires an
active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top
Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time
of hire. - -For additional information, please see .
-Pre-Employment Drug TestExternal applicant(s) selected for this
position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug
test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law
applies to us as a Federal Contractor.Pre-Placement Medical ExamA
job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.Equal
Employment OpportunityLLNL is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status,
age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable laws.If you need assistance and/or a reasonable
accommodation during the application or the recruiting process,
please submit a request via our . -California -Privacy NoticeThe
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all
California residents. The law also entitles -job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed .PandoLogic. Keywords: Lab Manager,
Location: Livermore, CA - 94551 , PL: 535531532
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Senior Defense Systems Engineer - Active Security Clearance Required, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!