Mission Support Operator $10K sign-on
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: NoneRequisition Type:
RegularThe Mission Support Operator (MSO) provides 24/7, Tier 1/2
operational support to end customers and users in the field.
Monitor the performance and capacity of end-to-end IT computer
systems using a variety of tools. Triage hardware software, and
environmental faults, alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is
identified, the MSO works to determine the cause of the problem,
provide situational awareness and resolution to the user community.
Serve as first responder and 'one-stop shop for all site issues,
requiring a broad level of knowledge of high priority systems
across a multi-location enterprise.Other duties include:
- Monitoring, recognition, evaluation, and correction of IT
systems and network problems.
- Interfacing with the user community, Mission Directors, System
Administrators, Network Engineers, external sites and other system
operators as required for real-time detection, isolation, and
resolution of problems.
- 24/7 Operational Support to customers and users in the field.
- Utilize SolarWinds, Splunk, WireShark (and other monitoring
tools) to monitor internal and external hardware, software, network
connectivity, status IT infrastructure (utilizing ping, SNMP traps,
customer scripts) - and utilizing established TTPs to respond to
- Provide support to Networking team, including Layer 1/2/3 type
activities and documentation/design.
- Perform analysis (in both real-time and post-event) on key
mission capabilities and provide feedback to internal and external
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly functional checks
on systems and capabilities, also perform inspections on critical
hardware and infrastructure
- Provide support to the Engineering staff for testing and
validation of new software releases and network connections
- Support Configuration Management functions (Incidents, Assets)
utilizing BMC Remedy
- Respond to customer voice and electronic support requests
- Respond to real time, mission critical situations (response
defined in minutes)
- Participate in internal and external scheduled exercises
- Create, maintain, and update SOP/TTP documentationRequired
- 8+ years of directly related experience in IT / Network
administration and support.
- TS/SCI or Q Clearance
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Splunk, or
- Have a working knowledge of critical physical infrastructure
(including HVAC, Power, UPS, etc) that is utilized to support
mission operationsDesired Qualifications
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration and
networking background is preferable.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical
discipline; or the equivalent experience in lieu of
- 8570 Compliance#GDITpriorityCOVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply
with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain
positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination
requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor
mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The people
supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Livermore , Mission Support Operator $10K sign-on, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!