Safety Training Supervisor
Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: January 12, 2022
As part of our safety team, the Safety & Training Supervisor
will assist the Safety & Training Manager in all facets of the
Safety department including setup interviews and processing
applications of driver candidates, coordinate and facilitate
training schedule, maintain accurate training files and assist
ensuring the division is compliant with company
- Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices
are current and meet the needs of the operating divisions.
- Familiar with EPA and OSHA, CDL compliance and
- Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualifications for
each division including background and DMV checks.
- Ensures that Safety technology tools are used and those results
are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to
reduce and then prevent future safety incidents.
- Ensures a consistent Safety Culture throughout the locations
that incorporate operations, safety and maintenance departments and
emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all
employees to achieve common goals.
- Oversees successful completion of all related audits including
those conducted by corporate and client staff and by state and
federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Safety & Training Manager in classroom and behind
the wheel instruction according to corporate and client
specifications in all aspects of vehicle operation in the course of
passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area
familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement,
proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident
and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and
- Reviews reporting of all vehicular, passenger and employee
accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability,
identifying potential trends to be addressed in future training
- Provides functional expertise in safety regarding hiring of
safety department exempt employees.
- Ensures that all project training materials are up to date,
that necessary supplies are available and that inventories are
secured and kept up to date.
- Respond to accidents and incidents, assist with investigation
and gather information, complete accident report
- Familiarization with DOT Drug and Alcohol programs
- Identify potential re-routing of buses due to safety concerns
- Provide feedback on service items that affect safety and
performance; help develop solution to include in Standard Operating
- Covers the Safety & Training Manager's Desk when they are out
of the office.
- All other assignments as directed by the Safety Manager and
General Manager.Talent Requirements:
- Possess California Class B Driver's License (with Air Brake,
Passenger, endorsements and VTT).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications according to local contract requirements.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar
- Previous training and/or field supervision experience preferred
but not required.
- Excellent safety and service record.
- Knowledge of local training program and local operations.
- Familiarization with service area.
- Ability to manage emergency situations.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and corporate safety
programs and policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products (Word & Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all
departments.During the course of employment, employees may receive
and have access to confidential information. All employees are
expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public
customer and business records and any other information that MV
classifies as confidential. MV Transportation is committed to as
policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate
against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or
mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information
or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal,
state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information
collected by this application is solely to determine suitability
for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics
on applicants. Where permissible under applicable state and local
law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and
background check after receiving a conditional offer of
Keywords: MV Transportation, Livermore , Safety Training Supervisor, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!