Life Extension Program - Chief of Staff - Active Security Clearance Required
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Life Extension Program - Chief of Staff - Active Security
Clearance Required Mid-Senior Level - Full-time
Business Operations - livermore, CA - 12/22/2021
Reference #: REF2017O
Job Code: TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4 / TSS.5 Technical
Services & Ops MTS 5
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this
position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable Apply Now Join us and make YOUR mark
on the World! Are you interested in joining some of the brightest
talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come
join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our
employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas
that make our world a better place. We are committed to a diverse
and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and
celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas,
experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and
creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission. Job
Description We have an opening for a Chief of Staff to oversee the
Life Extension Program within the Weapons and Complex Integration
(WCI) Directorate. The Life Extension Program is essential to
enabling NNSA to accomplish its mission to certify the
effectiveness of the nation's nuclear deterrent. This position is
in the Life Extension Program supporting the WCI Directorate. This
position will be filled at either the TSS.4 or TSS.5 level
depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities
(outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher
level. In this role you will
- Develop broad understanding of the Life Extension Program and
develop interfaces and relationships with key stakeholder offices
to facilitate execution of the Program.
- Keep the team focused to provide timely and effective responses
to major programmatic issues, actions, deliverables, and help
develop and communicate internal and external program
- Work with Program Management to establish agendas and support
- Manage program office staffing as the program evolves.
- Serve as a conduit between the scientific and administrative
workforce activities and the program senior leadership by
coordinating, reviewing, and communicating work of program staff
and ensuring priorities are understood.
- Participate in the development of program strategies and
priorities, including long-term objectives and initiatives.
Research and implement workflow enhancements to improve
organizational effectiveness. Assist the team in developing and
maintaining a business rhythm.
- Establish work plans and delegate assignments to Program Staff.
Manage hiring efforts for the program office and work initiatives
to improve collaboration, effectiveness, and retention of the
- Prepare briefings and reports for laboratory senior management,
sponsors, major committees, and review groups, in collaboration
with the program management and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Additional job
responsibilities at the TSS.5 Level:
- Develop key internal and external strategic relationships for
the program and oversee activity to ensure these relationships are
- Innovate and champion procedures and strategies to streamline
operations within the program. Qualifications
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE)
Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another
U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or technical area or an
equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Strong record of technical innovation and leadership of
creative scientific initiatives with advance knowledge spanning one
or more specialized technical fields.
- Extensive experience resolving complex technical problems and
developing, planning, and coordinating solutions.
- Extensive experience managing one or more technical areas with
a strategic focus, working effectively under multiple deadlines and
resolving conflicting requirements successfully.
- Expert communication, facilitation, collaboration, and
problem-solving skills -
- Significant experience working in a senior management team
environment that has demonstrated high-level leadership and
personnel management skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain effective working
relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical
and administrative personnel.
- Significant experience interacting effectively at high levels
within internal and external organizations and constituencies, such
as the NNSA/DOE, DoD, and other organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to diversity and
fostering an inclusive and equitable organization.
- Ability to travel. Additional qualifications at the TSS.5 Level
- Strong record of leadership.
- Expertise in the area of program operations and staff
management. Qualifications We Desire
- Masters or PhD in a Scientific or Technical area.
- Program Management Professional certification/license.
- Familiarity with Laboratory process and procedures for
modernization or stockpile stewardship programs. Additional
Information Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 -Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career -site . - Security
Clearance LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear
Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will
require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance
requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is
required, we -will initiate a Federal background investigation to
determine if you -meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared
employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance
requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see
-DOE Order 472.2 . LLNL is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status,
age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable
accommodation during the application or the recruiting process,
please submit a request via our online form . - The California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California
residents. The law also entitles -job applicants, employees, and
non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information
LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can
be accessed here . Operated by the Lawrence Livermore National
Security, LLC for the Department of Energy's National Nuclear
Security Administration Learn about the Department of Energy's
Vulnerability Disclosure Program
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Life Extension Program - Chief of Staff - Active Security Clearance Required, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!