R&D Engineer II - Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics
Posted on: September 8, 2021
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping
the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better
products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest
portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies
solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products
limited only by imagination.
The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software
products and supporting systems to includeHigh-Performance
Computing (HPC) integration work for LS-DYNA SPH. In this
role,theR&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert
professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including
the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation
of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing
and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems
discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including
target environment, performance criteria and competitive
- Works under the general supervision of a development
- Developments in the SPH module of the commercial finite element
- Presentation of new developments at conferences, or to
customers during visits.
- Support Ansys LS-DYNA on Cloud computing platforms and focus on
HPC performance and scalability.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or related field with 2 years
experience or MS.
- Basic Programming and Shell Scripting Skills, Fortran 77,
Fortran 90, C.
- Experience with software design, computational mechanics,
- Technical knowledge and experience with computational mechanics
and particle methods.
- Experience withC++
- Basic understanding of Linux Operating Systems,
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently as well as in a
- Interested in research and ready to have collaborations with
academic institutions and industries.
- Knowing how to use LS-DYNA is a plus, but not required.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform
us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a
wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and
regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They
are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're
facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live
our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for
fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with
innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the
prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class
companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to
rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at
Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with
strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real
people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on
respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the
world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class
simulation technology so our customers can turn their design
concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower
cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys
has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies
by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Keywords: ANSYS, Livermore , R&D Engineer II - Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!