Material Handling Supervisor
Company: Wente Vineyards
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Material Handling Supervisor is responsible for the planning
and storage of raw materials and work-in-process (WIP) in
accordance with the organization's Quality Management System (QMS).
In addition, this person supervises the efficient receipt and
movement of goods throughout the organization.
- Provide performance management to the material handling
- Plan and manage goods movement using Lean Flow production
- Ensure all raw materials and WIP conform to customer, internal,
ISO, and all regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure a safe working environment through compliance and
enforcement of Corporate Safety and Health Policy
- Work cross-functionally and maintain appropriate levels of
communication to ensure efficient and effective winery
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained through support of
the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
- Supervise incoming inspection of materials used in production
to support evaluation of, and reporting on, supplier quality
- Champion and manage projects that drive continuous
- Stay abreast of standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news
with respect to the storage, preparation, and movement of raw
materials & WIP.
- Establish and maintain industry relationships; keep current on
- Requires the ability to sit and stand for potentially long
periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to operate a computer
for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal
hand, wrist, or eye strain.
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversation, in person, on
the telephone, and mobile phone
- Must have coordination sufficient to operate various office
- Experience working in a customer service-oriented
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- JDE experience a plus
- Successfully able to establish priorities and clarify
expectations in verbal or written form.
- Ability to effectively schedule the work of others to maximize
- Ability to successfully support a team; foster teamwork,
sharing of responsibilities and open communication.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact
with management, employees and guests in a positive and
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to evaluate situations and take initiative to answer
questions and resolve problems.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus
Sustainability Values statement:
Supports economic, social equity and ecological sustainability
in relation to planning and storing finished goods and raw
materials to meet the expectations of the customer.
Keywords: Wente Vineyards, Livermore , Material Handling Supervisor, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!