Systems Engineer I
Posted on: June 9, 2021
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a System Engineer to
complete the design and implementation of the contracted
- Assisting in system and network designs based on contract
requirements and specifications for communications infrastructure
and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Help develop cost estimates including; design costs, material
costs, and installation costs.
- Work with a team of engineers to develop total solutions for
- Participate in the design development process and design.
- Successfully communicate project scope/requirements to
subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Assist in provisioning, configuration and testing of system
components in the lab and on-site to validate design concepts.
- Aid in providing customer support for installed system with
over-the-phone troubleshooting, as well as emergency site
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 3+ years of experience in the electronic security or
- An acceptable and equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- The following skills are desirable:
Proficient with software tools such as: Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and
- Experience and/or certifications in one (1) or more of the
following key technologies is desirable.
- Access Control, Badging and Visitor Management Systems
- CCTV, Surveillance, Analytics and IP Video Management
- Burglar, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Photo Beam, Radar and Perimeter Detection Systems
- Biometric Identification Systems
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems
- Ethernet Switches and Routers
- Servers and IT Infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Cloud
- Microwave and Wireless Communication Systems
- Fiber Optic, SONET and DWDM Communication Systems
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
- Useful Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP,
CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Useful Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP,
etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel,
Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec,
Exacq, Avigilon, etc.) PSIM (NICE, VidSys, Sureview, etc.) Cameras
(Axis, Bosch, Sony), Intrusion Detection (DMP), Networking (Cisco,
Brocade, Juniper, Ciena, Aviat, Dragonwave, Firetide, etc.)
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain
stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to
customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering
outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a
customer's requirements, developing the concept, designing the
network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and
completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G4S, Livermore , Systems Engineer I, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!