Responsible for active partnering with Wente Family Estates's
management and HR Team to support business objectives. In a program
management capacity will educate, advise, coach and assist on
issues involving employee relations, employee development,
compensation, performance management, workforce planning, and
internal transfers/promotions and organizational changes. Manages
the development of implementation and communication of HR policies
Serve as part of department leadership teams. Maintain a clear
pulse on the state of the organization and provide guidance on
workforce planning, employee relations, employee engagement,
compensation, change management, and related issues. Provide
consultation and quality control in the administration and
interpretation of employment, employee relations, and performance
management policies, systems, procedures, and documentation.
Develop and implements internal protocols and procedures in
accordance with employment law, regulations, policies, and
Design and implement human resources programs, services,
strategies and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of the
departments and integrated with overall Company policy. Monitor
overall efficiency of services, develop reporting procedures and
other methods to measure success, and revise processes and
procedures as necessary to improve department effectiveness.
Responsible for ongoing management and evolution of programs and
c. Guidance and Support
Provide day-to-day guidance and support to management regarding
human resource practices, interpretation of company/human resources
policies, problem resolution, and compliance with federal and state
law. Participate in ongoing continuing education in legal
compliance and HR best practices; serve as an SME for HR related
questions and issues.
- Sources and recruits top talent, building bench strength,
creating a sustainable talent pipeline for openings.
- Develops an effective pipeline of key talent available for
- Manages applicant flow and sources qualified candidates for
- Screens resumes and credentials of candidates ensuring that the
skills, experience and subject knowledge meet the minimum
qualifications of the position.
- Coordinates the scheduling and logistics for the interviewing
- Executes administrative tasks during the recruiting process.
Ultimately accountable for the scheduling and logistics of the
candidate experience throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Keeps candidates informed of the status of their application
and provides timely communication when removed from the
- Works with hiring managers and Team People to finalize offers
- Maintains accurate and organized documentation on all
e. Employee Relations
Conducts investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate
regarding issues of employee disputes and grievances, employee
misconduct, and policy infractions. Provides guidance/assistance in
the development of written disciplinary actions. Makes adjustments
to related policies and processes to strengthen them, provide
increased clarity and legal compliance.
Perform training needs analyses and core skills assessments.
Create, develop and coordinate, along with Corporate Training
Manager and stakeholders, the implementation of specific training
and development programs.
g. Program Ownership
Maintain ownership of several key HR related
programs/responsibilities. These may include, but are not limited
- Department budget responsibility including both labor and
- HR Rep for company-wide workforce planning, strategic planning
and budget planning
- Compensation Analyst: Manage annual and ad hoc compensation
bench marking and analysis; participate in comp surveys and
meetings. Manage salary structure updates, market adjustments, job
descriptions and MIP/SIP eligibility
- Ownership of employee relations programs and communication
strategies: Employee Recognition, Service Anniversary, Retirement,
Town Hall and others
- Ownership of employee development programs: Mentoring, Program,
Job Shadowing etc.
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) areas of expertise:
Serve as the SME and coordinate upgrades, communication, and
training on assigned modules within the HRIS system.
No or very limited physical effort required, and no or very
limited exposure to physical risk.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business
Administration, or related field plus 2 years of corporate or
agency recruiting, sourcing or Human Resources experience.
- Minimum of 5 years directly related experience at both a
strategic and tactical level
- SPHR, PHR, CCP or related HR Certification, desired
- Ideal candidates will be bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Possess a strong knowledge of the industry to assist in
sourcing talent for both winery operations and hospitality
- Solid knowledge of the full life-cycle of recruiting
- Experience building strong business relationships with key
stakeholders and decision makers.
- Experience coaching, leading and developing all levels of the
- Experience with successfully creating and managing HR programs
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple
- Experience participating in compensation analysis, budget
reviews and workforce planning.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment laws and
- Experience in employee relations: leading investigations,
determining appropriate course of action, administering
disciplinary actions and educating and coaching managers in
navigating these situations.
- Experience developing and presenting content; strong presenting
and public speaking skills
- Experience using an HRIS system, including an applicant
tracking system (UKG preferred)
- Ability to communicate information clearly on a number of
different levels, both verbal and written.
- Operate under deadlines and sometimes a high degree of
pressure. Work in a multi-task interrupt driven environment.
- Interact with all levels of staff using effective interpersonal
The environment within the office is clean, well lit and free
from extremes of temperature and humidity. At times, will be
required to go out-of-doors and into various parts of the winery
subjecting the incumbent to variations in temperature and
Sustainability Values Statement
Supports economic sustainability by providing employees with the
training and resources to provide exceptional wine country
experiences to our guests and by conserving materials and supplies
and using these in the most efficient ways possible. Supports this
effort by being fiscally responsible from a department budget
standpoint. Supports environmental sustainability by participating
in department recycling and composting efforts and promoting these
programs within the various departments