Welding/Sheet Metal Craft Supervisor
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in
the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees
apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make
our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an
inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our
people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is
essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the
We have an opening for a Welding/Sheet Metal Craft Supervisor.
You will have technical, administrative, and supervisory
responsibility for managing and coordinating the work of the
Laboratory's Maintenance Production Welding/Sheet Metal Mechanics
Group. This position is in the Infrastructure Maintenance &
In this role you will
- Supervise and coordinate the daily work of Welding/Sheet Metal
mechanic crews engaged in installation, maintenance, repair, and
- Interpret and apply Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
(LLNL) policies and procedures pertaining to performance
management, including but not limited to; constructive and timely
feedback to employees, training and personnel actions including
hiring, discipline, dismissal, documentation, and interviews.
- Serve as a point of contact between the management team and
workers, participate fully in management team decision-making and
- Establish goals and measurements for productivity in craft work
processes and make appropriate adjustments.
- Serve as a Responsible Individual RI/Work Supervisor,
responsible for day-to-day work activities of assigned personnel
ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with Work
Planning and Control.
- Perform work in accordance with plans and specifications
ensuring work is performed safely and in compliance with Federal,
State, and LLNL Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H)
requirements and policies.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, management,
and other shops at Livermore Site 200 and Site 300.
- Utilize standard welding and sheet metal tools and computers
for timekeeping, job tracking and communication with administrative
and management personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Extensive journey-level knowledge, abilities, and work
experience in the Welding/Sheet Metal trade.
- Technical, administrative, and supervisory skills with
experience including independent decision making, workload
scheduling, workforce utilization, implementation of policies and
procedures, execution of disciplinary action, and completion of
- Extensive experience in the application of safety regulations,
to evaluate work hazards to assure the public, workers, and
environment are protected from adverse consequences.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the application of
federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations.
- Experience with practical assessment of worker's skill of the
craft and safe work procedure qualifications.
- Ability to provide effective direction and adjust work
activities to meet changing requirements as well as motivate,
train, develop and provide guidance with an emphasis on
- Proficiency using personal computers and related software
(e.g., e-mail, Microsoft Word, etc.), including the ability to
interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical,
administrative, and management personnel.
- Ability to work scheduled and emergency overtime work,
including off-hours, on-call rotation, and be able to work all
shifts and in all buildings and areas of the Laboratory.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California driver's
Qualification we desire
- Knowledge of the function and operation of typical security
policies and procedure for nuclear, sensitive or limited-access
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types
and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated
on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest
of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300
hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as
engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration.
Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the
organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear
Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will
require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance
requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal
background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or matter. In
addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug
testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold
multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be
required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q
clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information
please see DOE Order 472.2.
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during
the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request
via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights
to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Welding/Sheet Metal Craft Supervisor, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!