Material Master Specialist
Company: Computacenter PLC
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Material Master Specialist role sits within the Group
Material Master team. This team is responsible for the proactive
and reactive creation and maintenance of material master records in
SAP, as well as other supporting activities. The Material Master
Specialist reports to a Material Master Team Leader, working under
supervision but expected to prioritize own workload and ensure
tasks are completed within agreed timescales.
This is a temporary, project-based position.
- Partners with business leaders to deliver services that support
company objectives and that are consistent with Winning Together
- Receive, manage, query and fulfil work requests via the Task
Management System (TMS).
- Task processing for individual requirements in accordance with
the Service Level Agreement agreed with the customer.
- Prompt processing of internal and external communication via
e-mail, task manager, phone, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of supply chain materials (material
types: HAWA, SOLI, FRDL, ZMAT, ZBUN, ZSRV), which are used for
purchasing, quotations and sales order processing.
- Create, maintain and update material master data based on
requests received from Customer Management, Sales Operations,
Purchasing Operations or Partner Management.
- Template creation for automatic material creation and regular
- Monitoring and post-processing/checking of automatically
- Price maintenance of commercial goods, in particular updating
after information is provided by the manufacturer.
- Manage all 'Source of Supply' settings.
- Blocking and unblocking of materials according to the
specifications of Partner Management, manufacturer road map and
- Monitor product data automatically fed by providers, raise
queries & claims for inaccurate or missing product data.
- Manually populate product data when required for CTO and other
- Collaborate with PIM colleagues to optimize quality of product
presentation in Portfolio customer catalogues.
- Administration of price lists and ensuring they are up-to-date
through proactive contact and request to suppliers.
- Monitor and manage all inbound price & availability feeds.
- Monitor data quality in SAP MM through regular data audits and
- Identify and remediate data issues.
- Provide cross-cover for team colleagues and support other team
members during periods of high workload.
- Support knowledge sharing within the team, keeping
documentation, processes and procedures up to date.
- Support and drive alignment of processes and data models across
the Group countries.
- Promote good communication and collaboration with all members
of the Group MM team.
- Support enquiries from other teams via telephone, task manager,
- Carry out all work to expected quality and to meet SLA, KPI and
OLA performance targets.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for innovation, process
improvement, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Embrace and support Computacenter's mission and core
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge and experience of SAP, ideally working with the
Material Master module.
- Experience of a comparable ERP system requiring complex and
accurate data management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of the IT industry and an understanding of IT
technologies and products.
- Excellent English spoken and written communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating with colleagues in different
countries where English is not the first spoken language.
- Good self-organization and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS-Office.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple requests
- Can build trust, be assertive when required and shows
initiative and enthusiasm.
- Resilience, and able to deal with stressful situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of product supply chains.
- Commercially astute.
- Team-oriented working and thinking.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties
requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will"
Keywords: Computacenter PLC, Livermore , Material Master Specialist, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!