Sr. Engineer - Process
Posted on: June 3, 2021
- Application of Knowledge of Process Systems:
- Ensures execution of the process scope of services that meets
customer's project requirements and complies with all applicable
codes, ordinances, standards and regulations.
Develops all engineering calculations for process throughput,
mass balance, selects proper equipment for the applications
- Participates in project strategy meetings, develops design
concepts and recommends systems
- Responsible for the production of well-organized, finished
drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity and
- Writes discipline specifications for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the development of PFDs (process flow diagrams)
and P&IDs for all assigned projects.
- Develops or verifies utility matrixes, equipment lists,
equipment specifications and controls as well as instrumentation
requirements for each assigned process project.
- Construction Support
- Participates as requested in construction inspection to monitor
compliance with design intent, construction drawings and
specifications. Inspections may occur at the client's site or at a
vendor for specialty equipment. Prepares inspection reports.
- Provides timely solutions to field problems and prepares field
orders, addenda and record drawings.
Effectively manages project startup, commissioning, verification
and closeout tasks.
- Project Management
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs
interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies,
errors and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Assists the project team with the identification of process
partners (equipment & automation) and pre-qualifies them for
Monitors client requests against the proposal and known scope of
work. Develops engineering change notices under the direction of
the Project Manager.
- Planning, Scheduling and Profitability
- Creates discipline work plan for assigned projects. Monitors
workload status, advising supervisor of difficulties in
- Plans production and prepares man-hour estimate for project
effort for all work in process discipline. Develops process related
budgets under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Produces pricing and proposal presentation documents and
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring
efforts/costs of discipline-related outside consultants.
Assists the project team in RFP responses, developing proposals
including the preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules and
other proposal documents. May participate in client
- Professional Development
Participates in the professional community organizations and
trade organizations within discipline.
- Adheres to established company standards and policies.
- Directs technical efforts of discipline subordinates assigned
to the project.
Typical minimum of 4- year engineering degree with a typical
minimum of 8 years of process design and application engineering
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
- Strong knowledge in food and/or beverage processing
equipment/systems with a working knowledge of controls and
instruments commonly used.
- Practical experience in some of the following: baking, thermal
processing, commercial heat exchangers, fluid transfer (fittings,
valves, pumps), evaporation, sterilization, CIP, SIP and systems
automation/integration in both consumer and bulk food
- Knowledge of vendor qualification, procurement and
- General knowledge of AE&C practices, coordination and
- Negotiation and relationship development skills with
- Working knowledge of related regulatory, oversight and advisory
agencies: AIB, FDA, USDA, EPA, PMO, 3A, GMP's, SPS, SSOP and
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit
other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
crouch, and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights
of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and
finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to
use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form
information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach
with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will
be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with
business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are
subject to modification.
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Haskell, Livermore , Sr. Engineer - Process, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!