US/UK Office Administrator - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in
the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees
apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make
our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an
inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our
people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is
essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the
The Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate has an opening
for a US/UK Office Administrator in the Principal Associate
Director's Office. This individual will act as the primary
administrative point-of-contact for all US/UK interactions between
the Laboratory and the United Kingdom under the 1958 US/UK Mutual
Defense Agreement (MDA). Will frequently interact with UK
dignitaries at the highest levels, overseeing bilateral
coordination, tracking of visits/travel between the two countries
as well as the passing of clearances. Will assist with the
development of agendas as well as provide guidance to all employees
who host visits or travel to the UK. Will supervise one
administrative employee. Will have frequent interactions with LLNL
management at all levels and prominent external officials from
offices that include Congressional, Military, Industrial, Academic,
Foreign, DOE and NNSA. This position reports to the WCI Directorate
- Oversee and manage all US/UK Office operations. Key operations
include LLNL Visits (travel and secure video conferences),
transfers of OUO and classified/atomic information, and process
development, oversight, and implementation, updating as
- Supervise one administrative employee on the US UK team.
- Lead and implement the requirements and processes for US UK
visits on behalf of LLNL.
- Be primary administrative point of contact that oversees all
aspects of visits for dignitaries and high-level guests. This will
include the need to investigate, plan and oversee all aspects of
visits and requiring frequent interaction with high level
Laboratory management, program leaders, and VIP visitors including
officials and representatives from various government agencies,
academia and the private sector.
- Research and establish goals with the host organization and set
priorities for the visit.
- Research and coordinate discussion topics and briefings with
appropriate senior management and programmatic offices and develop
visitor agendas and schedules.
- Independently resolve unexpected and unusual problems,
deviations, delays and questions for US UK Operations, making
substitutions and changes on a moment's notice.
- Act as the point-of-contact and resource to the visitor,
including foreign national guests, regarding their Laboratory
visit, including briefings, discussion topics, agendas, access
requirements, clearance requirements, badging, prohibited items,
cyber security, and ISM and E&SH procedures.
- SME for administrative LLNL policies and how they impact and
apply to work under the 1958 MDA including information sharing,
information markings, agendas, access requirements, clearance
requirements, badging, prohibited items, cyber security, and ISM
and E&SH procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about and speak to JAEIG, DOD, NNSA and UK
policies that apply to US UK collaborations.
- Be a key customer interface for US UK questions and
- Maintain and deploy the US UK Office outreach resources,
including internal website, SharePoint, and training tools.
- Serve on committees representing the US UK and WCI PAD
- Maintain extensive documentation and keep Directorate
Administrator apprised of visits.
- AA degree or demonstrated competence obtained through a
combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Experience investigating, planning and overseeing visits,
meetings, conferences, agendas, discussion topics, and briefings
requiring complex arrangements and multiple activities and details,
involving participants from the most senior levels of the
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to handle
sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion and
experience effectively interacting with a wide spectrum of
personnel in government, academia, or the private sector.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
necessary to independently recommend and perform actions and
solutions, frequently and on very short notice.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to
prioritize multiple and complex tasks with short deadlines and
- Effective communication skills necessary to explain, present,
direct, negotiate and influence others.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills for developing formal
correspondence, agendas, reports and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
environment, under frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details.
- Demonstrated efficiency on computers and proficiency with word
processing software including the Microsoft Office suite of
- Active DOE Q clearance required at the time of hire.
- Supervisory or administrative lead experience.
- Broad, institutional knowledge of the Laboratory and its
- Knowledge of Laboratory administrative policies and procedures
and requirements for security, cyber security, ISM and
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and database
- Thorough knowledge of DOE and LLNS policies and procedures and
- Familiarity with LLNL webinar applications (e.g., Webex and MS
Teams), VTC reservation process, and open and closed side team
collaboration/sharing platforms (e.g., SharePoint, DMS, server
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types
and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear
Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will
require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance
requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal
background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or matter. In
addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug
testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold
multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be
required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q
clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information
please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during
the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request
via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights
to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , US/UK Office Administrator - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!