Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for the leadership and oversight of
a Regional or Divisional Production Unit for Shea Mortgage
(Origination). Production Units provide strategic support to Shea
Homes and Shea Homebuyers for all homebuyer financing related
needs. Exceptional organizational and people skills along with
strong written/verbal communication skills are a requirement for
any prospective candidate. A successful candidate will demonstrate
the ability to handle Relationship Development at a high level as
they will have a primary role in ensuring a strong bond and
cohesive teamwork between Shea Mortgage and Shea Homes.
The top goals for this position include maximizing profitability
while ensuring the team hits all goals related to closing capture,
loan quality, cycle time and customer service metrics. Key success
factors include critical thinking, process mapping/improvement,
mortgage industry expertise, and a deep understanding of financial
markets and their relationship to mortgage markets. Knowledge of
loan programs and guidelines is imperative.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relations
with vendors, agencies and internal and external customers. Must
show ability to prioritize responsibilities to consistently meet
deadlines. Must be self-motivated and able to work successfully in
a team environment; have a strong customer service focus;
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous
improvement is expected. Must have ability to prioritize and
balance multiple projects and assignments, be detail-oriented,
conscientious with a dependable work ethic. This job description
reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does
not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Recruitment, supervision and training of Loan Originators
within Production Unit.
- Provide financing related training to Shea Homes Sales
- Oversight of Shea Mortgage & Homes Weekly & Monthly Escrow
Status Meetings & Calls.
- Attendance and participation in Shea Homes Senior Staff
Meetings & Sales Meetings.
- Work with homebuilder to ensure timely closings for Shea Homes
Buyers through efficient processes.
- Manage backlog integrity and keep management team apprised of
- Participate in management team functions and keep apprised of
industry and market happenings that may affect business. Introduce
new products and programs as they become available.
- Knowledge of conventional, jumbo, FHA & VA loan programs and
guidelines is imperative.
- Knowledge of condo guidelines required.
- Create management tools and accountability measurements, to
ensure full compliance of mortgage regulations by team
- Develop processes and training that ensure excellent customer
service, as measured by our Voice of the Customer surveys.
- Ability to solve customer service issues quickly and
- Develop and facilitate marketing & promotional vehicles and
homebuyer financing presentations to create Shea Mortgage brand
awareness and customer education.
- Implement branch and company future planning & business
- Provide origination coverage when team is out of office and as
- Proactively deal with all issues that arise.
- Apply sound business principles in proactive management of
Technical/Professional Knowledge (knowledge/skills, education
- Direct homebuilder mortgage experience is preferred. Includes
knowledge and education relating to specific responsibilities and
overall homebuilding industry.
- Applicable NMLS and State license requirements completed in
state of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
or equivalent preferred.
- Encompass Origination System experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel &
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
inspire others with vision.
- Excellent sales skills.
- Proven track record in providing exceptional service and
problem-solving in a positive manner to internal and external
customers. A sincere desire to serve others.
- Proven track record of excellent business result, achievement
and process & service improvement within and beyond
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Livermore , Branch Manager, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!