Senior Electrical Engineer/PCB Designer (Altium)
Company: Curtis Instruments, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We're looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who enjoys doing
their own PCB layout to join our team. At Curtis, we design both in
conventional SMD and thick copper boards for power conversion. We
also use lots of insulated metal substrate boards.
Most of your work will be collaborating with the electrical
design and mechanical engineers, as you make new company products
What you will do:
- Design, setup, and run tests to ensure the design meets
- Develop and apply new techniques, circuits and tests for
product design. Work within a design team to complete assigned
- Troubleshoot circuits from prototypes, development, and
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve cost, design
time, reliability, durability, and manufacturability.
- Independently design dense double-sided or four-layer printed
- Create and maintain libraries in Altium.
- Incorporate Engineering Change Orders.
- Thorough application of mixed technologies PCB, surface-mount
- Prepare fabrication and assembly drawings and manage bill of
- Maintain records and documentation on all designs, tests and
?What you should have:
- BSEE degree or equivalent, plus 5 years of experience in a
relevant technical discipline.
- Fluency in Altium- library, layout, schematics,
- Experience with PADS is a plus.
- SolidWorks knowledge would be a plus, but not preferred.
- Experience with design of high current motor controllers or
equivalent technologies is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit analysis, simulation and
design of experiments.
- Thorough understanding of PCB fabrication processes,
tolerances, IPC standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESD principles and practices.
- PC literate with experience in MS Office (Access, Excel and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as
excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and good organizational skills.
Please note: we will only be considering local
candidates for this role.
Keywords: Curtis Instruments, Inc., Livermore , Senior Electrical Engineer/PCB Designer (Altium), Other , livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!