Nanomaterials Synthesis - Postdoctoral Researcher
Company: AMERICAN VACUUM SOCIETY INC
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job Seeker Employer Help/FAQs Home Jobs Summer
Research/Internships Your Profile Resources SIGN IN
- Your Job Alerts
- Your Saved Jobs 0 SAVE Molecular Biology - Postdoctoral
Researcher Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Application By
using this feature you agree to our Terms and Conditions and
Livermore, California Show Map Salary: Open We have an opening for
a Postdoctoral Researcher to work in molecular biology,
microbiology, cellular biology, and advanced optical microscopy as
part of a team studying bacterial pathogenesis and protein
structure/function. You will develop and use engineered bacteria
strains and mammalian host cells then apply dynamic fluorescence
imaging techniques, including lattice light sheet microscopy,
single molecule imaging, and dynamic transmission electron
microscopy to reveal the molecular function and cellular role of
proteins during host-pathogen interactions. This position is in the
Biosciences and Biotechnology Division. In this role you will:
- Design and conduct experiments in biophysics, microbiology,
molecular biology, and cell biology in support of host-pathogen
- Conduct work with proteins, bacteria, and eukaryotic cells for
structure/function studies and live cell imaging experiments.
- Engineer bacteria strains and mammalian host cells to study
protein expression dynamics of interest.
- Design and develop research projects focused on addressing
- Present formal and informal overviews of progress in
experimental work at regular meetings.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or
technical journals and present results at external conferences
seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Maintain and establish laboratory protocols, an accurate and
detailed laboratory notebook including complete records of
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- PhD in Molecular or Cellular Biology, Bioengineering,
Microbiology, Biophysics or related field.
- Experience with recombinant protein expression and
- Experience with biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Experience with mammalian and bacterial cell culture.
- Experience working on basic research projects and the ability
to understand and analyze experimental results.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as
demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team
environment and present and explain technical
information.Qualifications we desire:
- Experience with protein crystallization
- Experience with preparing samples for electron microscopy and
preparing cell samples for fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with genetic manipulation of bacteria and computer
programming (python scripting) Internal Number: 3743990000037366
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory For more than 60
years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied
science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore's
defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and
reliability of the nation's nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL's mission
is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from
nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate
change threaten national security and global stability. The
Laboratory's science and engineering are being applied to achieve
breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense
and intelligence, energy and environmental security. More Jobs from
This Employer BACK TO TOP The AVS Career Center has listings for
the latest science and engineering jobs in specialized disciplines
like applied physics, astrophysics, atomic and molecular physics,
mechanical engineering, plasma physics, materials science and
engineering, fluid mechanics and dynamics, optics and lasers, and
electrical engineering plus teaching jobs for assistant, associate,
and full professor roles. Find a job here as a computational or
experimental physicist, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or
researcher. AVS is a partner in the AIP Career Network, a
collection of online job sites for scientists and engineers. Other
partners include Physics Today, the American Association of
Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), American Association of Physics
Teachers (AAPT), American Physical Society (APS Physics), and the
Society of Physics Students (SPS) and Sigma Pi Sigma.
For assistance, please call 1-888-491-8833 or e-mail
Be sure to tell employers you saw their ad on the AVS Career
Center! Copyright 2021 AVS
All rights reserved
Keywords: AMERICAN VACUUM SOCIETY INC, Livermore , Nanomaterials Synthesis - Postdoctoral Researcher, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!