Computing Academic Graduate Appointee
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Company Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!Are
you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world
to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.We are looking for individuals that
demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team
peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an
inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging
problems. Job Description We have multiple openings for Academic
Graduate Appointees that will support computing senior staff. There
are a variety of roles in (but not limited to) desktop support, IT
operations and HPC programmatic efforts. These positions will be
filled based on the strategic needs of the Computing Directorate.In
this role you will
- Under general direction and supervision will conduct research
in assigned area.
- Gather and analyze data and information in support of
- Perform technical assignments of a basic degree of complexity
and provide advanced technical support to scientist in scientific
research and development projects.
- Collaborate with other internal and external research groups at
LLNL and in some cases at other institutions.
- Present work through presentations.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and
organizational objectives functioning as an effective team member
on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Engage other developers frequently to share relevant knowledge,
opinions, and recommendations, working to fulfill deliverables as a
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or
a related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java, and C++.
- Experience with OS such as Linux.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with
competing priorities and meet deadlines that are important to
- Ability to approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all
levels of personal and ability to work independently in a
multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to prepare,
present, and document technical information. Additional Information
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
environmentLearn more about our company, selection process,
position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite
.Security ClearanceLLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most
positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference
Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, wewill
initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information or
matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to
random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you
may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE
L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional
information please see DOE Order 472.2 .Equal Employment
OpportunityLLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
laws.If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation
during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a
request via our online form .CaliforniaPrivacy NoticeThe California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California
residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and
non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information
LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can
be accessed here . - provided by Dice
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Computing Academic Graduate Appointee, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!