Sr. Electronics Engineer - System Integration
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
The Advanced Sources and Detectors (ASD) Scorpius project has
multiple openings for Senior Electronic Engineers. You will
contribute to the design, deployment, and operations of the various
products associated with the ASD project, including the Solid State
Pulse Power drivers, the Linear Induction Accelerator cells and all
the support systems that are being developed to support our design
efforts. The ASD project is a multi-year, multi-lab project to
design and commission the next generation of radiographic
capabilities for use in ensuring the safety and effectiveness of
the nation's nuclear stockpile. These positions are in the National
Security Engineering Division (NSED) in the LLNL Engineering
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and
related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job
responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the
In this role you will
- Provide electronics and electrical system level design
solutions to include architecture development, trade study
analysis, and qualification processes and execute systems
engineering processes to include requirements development,
interface definitions, and verification activities.
- Develop and produce advanced conceptual and detail designs that
meet technical requirements.
- Deploy and field systems at Nevada and other remote
experimental sites. Respond to and address operational issues and
- Provide customers with engineering solutions for a wide range
of engineering challenges associated with execution of ongoing
programmatic activities including the generation of planning
documents, reports, and presentations as required to support
- Manage project interfaces and deployment interfacing with other
organizations internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Lead and/or provide guidance and complex technical direction to
multidisciplinary team in execution of science experiments.
- Serve on cross-cutting technical teams or project teams in
support of the stockpile stewardship mission of the
- Travel to other locations as necessary to meet programmatic and
- Perform other duties as assigned..
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The SES.4 Level
- Lead and/or provide expert guidance and highly complex
technical direction to multidisciplinary project teams in a
growing, dynamic environment.
- Influence strategic technical decisions made by senior
management and internal customers and serve as organization
spokesperson by Laboratory management and/or external advisor by
- Work collaboratively and effectively as part of a
multidisciplinary team environment with ability to coordinate and
lead work and goals on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or
the equivalent combination of education and previous relevant
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with complex
experimental instrumentation, high speed diagnostics, electrical
design and/or systems engineering.
- Significant experience in complex prototype development and
testing, as well as hardware design and analysis.
- Ability to devise solutions for unique and complex problems and
flexibility to reprioritize and change programmatic direction
depending on emergent requests.
- Significant experience in fielding systems and/or experiments
at facilities and/or remote locations. Experience managing,
overseeing, and delivering multiple projects on budget and on
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor junior team members.
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to present
concepts and ideas in a clear and coherent manner, both verbal and
written for presentation and interaction with other technical staff
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
Additional Qualifications At The SES.4 Level
- Subject matter expertise in highly complex electrical design
and analysis and substantial experience in project planning and
providing technical leadership.
- Substantial experience developing and implementing creative
solutions to a diverse range of highly complex problems and leading
corrective actions where necessary.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills
necessary to present, explain, and advise senior management and/or
external sponsors and demonstrated record of team building and
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in leading an experimental team at major
experimental facilities and/or remote sites.
- Experience in managing an experimental program.
- Experience in leading High-Energy Physics experiments.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Sr. Electronics Engineer - System Integration, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!