Machine Tool Repair Technologist-Electronics/Sr Machine Tool Repair Te
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Machine Tool Repair
Technologist-Electronics /Sr Machine Tool Repair Technologist with
an Electro-Mechanical background to provide general electronics
technical support for various machine tools, manufacturing, and
laboratory equipment. The selected candidates will work as part of
the team to a variety of Laboratory missions as needed. These
positions are in the Materials Engineering Division (MED) within
the Engineering Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either the 983.2 or 983.3 level
depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications.
- Provide general journey-level electronic technical support to
engineering, scientific, and technical staff to plan and conduct
experiments at LLNL and other off-site locations and ensure
operational readiness of manufacturing machine tools and similar
- Design, fabricate, assemble, and disassemble moderately complex
electronic components and systems, using work control process and
- Operate electronic diagnostic equipment, maintain area
controls, utilize electronic diagnostic and troubleshooting systems
- Prepare and maintain systems electrical design information and
- Perform electrical systems functional testing to support
manufacturing machine tools and equipment installation and
upgrades, interlock and other related safety systems checks
including high voltage systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that electronics support and
manufacturing operations areas are kept clean, uncluttered, and in
a state of readiness.
- Ability to support scheduled, unscheduled, emergency, and short
notice demands, occasional overtime and travel as needs arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the 983.3 Level
- Provide advanced technical support demonstrating complex
understanding of electronics.
- Design, fabricate, assemble, and disassemble complex electronic
components and systems including planning, equipment selection, and
- Identify, analyze, and provide solutions and alternate
approaches to complex electronic problems using independent
creativity and judgment.
- Support vendor installation and preventative maintenance
activities on manufacturing and other equipment.
- Successfully complete vendor provided training for maintenance
and repair of purchased systems and equipment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in Machine Tool Technology or equivalent
completion of an apprenticeship program in the machining trade or
equivalent level of prior relevant experience or Associate degree
in Electronics, Engineering Technology.
- Experience with electrical diagnostic equipment, maintaining
area controls, assisting with electronic diagnostics, testing and
operations of low and high voltage systems.
- Ability to read and follow engineering notes, sketches,
drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain LLNL Competent Worker
Qualifications as an Electronics Worker.
- Knowledge of engineering hardware design, functionality and
- Intermediate skills and knowledge of electronic principles with
general electronics background in both theory and design of
electronics, software, instrumentation, and controls.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation
In Addition, at the 983.3 Level
- Significant related experience in electronic circuits, systems,
theory, and design.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of electronic principles
including component to system level understanding of electronics,
software, instrumentation, and controls.
- Effective written and verbal communication, feedback, and
- Manufacturing/Machine Tool Experience.
- Experience working with and/or around high-voltage and
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing a variety of CNC and
multi-purpose electronic and/or electro-mechanical control systems
for industrial equipment.
- Experience with LabVIEW code and Industrial Programmable Logic
- Electro-Mechanical Background in Manufacturing or Machines
and/or Machine Tools.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Machine Tool Repair Technologist-Electronics/Sr Machine Tool Repair Te, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!