Electronics Technologist/Sr. Electronics Technologist
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 14, 2021
We have multiple openings for Electronics Technologists/Senior
Electronics Technologists to provide technical support for
professional or more advanced electronics technical personnel in
the Pulsed Power field in a research environment. You will plan,
develop, and support a wide variety of high-voltage and
high-current experiments including the design, development,
construction, testing, troubleshooting, and evaluation of high
voltage and high current pulse power systems while working
independently in a technical lab environment. Some travel may be
required. These positions are in the National Security Engineering
Division (NSED), within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and
related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job
responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the
In this role you will
- Provide general electronics technical support of specialized
electronics and high current / high voltage systems (may include
prototypes and unique diagnostic sensors).
- Prepare instructional guides for fabricating, repairing,
calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
- Design, diagnose, troubleshoot, test, evaluate, upgrade, and
maintain moderately complex and unique high voltage, high current
equipment and systems.
- Contribute to moderately complex preliminary design concepts
and engineering decision process.
- Interpret and analyze schematics and operating manuals.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness, while adhering to
written safety procedures.
- Travel domestically to support project needs and deadlines when
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The 531.3 Level
- Provide advanced technical support for experimental work in a
specialized R&D facility and analyze complex preliminary data
during design or prototyping of components, systems, or equipment
independently, under minimal supervision.
- Provide guidance to fabrication support with construction and
development of specialized high current and voltage systems.
- Maintain, test, calibrate, and repair of advanced electronics
circuits, instrumentation and control, as well as diagnostic
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in electronics technology or the equivalent
combination of education and related experience.
- Intermediate skills, knowledge, and abilities in electronics
technology including theory, design, and component to system level
with the understanding of analog and digital electronics.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience testing high voltage, and
pulse power circuitry using accepted engineering practices.
- Working knowledge of grounding for stored energy capacitor
banks and soft grounding principles.
- Ability to solve moderately complex analytical problems.
- Experience performing unique fabrication and modification of
highly specialized parts and subassemblies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including
ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary
team, to achieve goals.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and provide solutions and
alternate approaches to moderately complex electronic problems
using independent creativity and judgement.
Additional Qualifications At The 531.3 Level
- Advanced level skills, knowledge, and abilities in complex
electronics technology including theory, design, and component to
system level with the understanding of analog and digital
- Experience making independent, fundamental decisions regarding
a variety of technical problems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Electronics Technologist/Sr. Electronics Technologist, Other , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!