Company: Kier & Wright Civil Engineers and Surveyors
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Who we are
Kier & Wright is a 225+ person organization with seven offices throughout California and staff located nationwide. Since 1972, we have provided both private and public sector clients with engineering and surveying work that is efficient, cost-effective and forward-thinking. EEO/AAP
The role: IT Manager
We are looking for an IT Manager to oversee the corporate IT Department managing the technology vision and day to day operations of the organization. This role is a high visibility hands-on leadership role responsible for people, processes, and strategy. The successful candidate will have a proven professional background and a detailed knowledge of industry's best practice processes while able to manage and motivate people. As our organization grows, this position could evolve into a director level role.
- Implements a 5-year strategy that aligns with business goals.
- Evaluates emerging and existing technologies, hardware & software.
- Provides data visibility, reports, and tools to executives.
- Oversees the development/deployment of technology standards.
- Advisor to the IT Committee
- Administers the IT expense budget.
- Manages IT staff hiring, performance, discipline, mentoring, etc.
- Effectively interact with key Kier & Wright stakeholders and business partners in the development of specifications and the creation, testing and implementation of systems.
- Effectively collaborates with both internal & external customers.
- Train employees on software & hardware; provides technical support.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Oversees and lead the design, development and maintenance of systems; analyzes department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy
- Develops and execute disaster procedures and maintain data backups.
- Maintain essential IT operations.
- Accountable for all IT responsibilities in on-boarding, off-boarding, equipment procurement and collection, and asset tracking processes
- Responsible for specification, procurement, and maintenance of key office infrastructure, specifically VoIP systems, Audio-Video Conferencing, Document Collaboration, ERP, CRM, Service Resource Planning, SaaS, ISPs, and Wi-Fi/network management
- Develop and maintain internal security policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years IT experience; 2+ years at a Management level
- IT technology certification, preferred.
- Previous experience in the A/E/C industry, highly recommended
- Experience/knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- Experience/knowledge of cyber security
- Proven business leadership and team management; strong creative and analytical thinking
Why Kier + Wright?
- Great culture - Team Collaboration, Innovative problem solving, Responsive to clients, Passionate about work
- Salary Range ($125,000 - $175,000) DOE + Location
- Medical, Dental and Vision 100% paid for by Kier & Wright for you + family
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO
- Free office snacks
- Much more
Who we are
Keywords: Kier & Wright Civil Engineers and Surveyors, Livermore , IT Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
here to apply!