Field Service Engineer
Company: Mega Fluid Systems
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Field Service EngineerSummary: The Field Service Engineer will
be a contributor and future Project Lead to complete installations,
chemical or slurry commissioning on Kinetics Equipment Solutions
Group (KESG) equipment. General support of our KESG equipment in
any capacity including upgrades, warranty engagements at customer
sites. The Field Service Engineer must possess the ability to work
well autonomously and demonstrated ability to lead or be led during
installations, upgrades, and warranty engagements. Duties and
Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be
- Be a contributor and future Project Lead to complete
installations, wet bench, chemical or slurry commissioning on
Kinetics Equipment Solutions Group (KESG) equipment. General
support of our KESG equipment in any capacity including upgrades,
warranty engagements at customer sites.
- The ability to work well under little direct supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to lead or be led during installations,
upgrades, and warranty engagements.
- Using KESG hardware and software products, either work
independently or as team leader to observe, report, and communicate
data regarding the condition of manufacturing support equipment and
- A demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the response to
routine, severe, and emergency conditions is required; the
experience necessary to react calmly under pressure and apply safe
and lasting resolutions.
- The ability to complete upgrades and retrofits to KESG
equipment on time and on budget; to maintain accurate service,
spare parts, and project progress reports, related logs and
documentation, including red lines to technical documentation.
- The ability to write and complete a Functional Test Matrix, and
to understand and edit a Software Functionality Statement is
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and rules as described by Mega
Fluid Systems internal training as well as the customer sites
training at which work will be performed. Plumbing:
- Work with PFA tubing and associated hardware components.
Experience flaring, bending, and PFA plumbing assembly. Flaring
includes Flaretek2, PrimeLock, Fit-Line, and Pillar.
- Able to read and understand a plumbing P&ID drawing
- Able to use an ACAD or 3D e-drawing to replicate an
architectural layout plumbing drawing and replicate onto a blank or
semi populated cabinet.
- Pneumatics, understanding for the process of producing an
electrical or ethernet signal from a PLC to an electrical solenoid
valve, converting to an air signal that will proceed to an
Automated Valve, pump, or other pneumatic driven component. Able to
troubleshoot A to Z. Electrical:
- Able to do basic wiring, routing wires for panel assembly,
terminate wires, crimping ferrules, use of several types of
crimpers such as AMP, Molex, Z+F. able to complete termination with
head shrink, labeling.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical circuits. 24VDC, 120VAC,
208VAC. Proper use of a DMM to check / verify voltages, amperage,
resistance in a circuit. Ability to use an analog generator / meter
to troubleshoot 0-20mA or 4-20mA circuits.
- Able to read and understand an electrical drawing. Use this to
effectively troubleshoot an electrical problem, failed component,
mis-wire, etc.Industrial Controls:
- Familiarity experience with industrial PCs, HMIs, and the
graphic interfaces that go along with most IPC / HMI designs.
Ability to interact with the screens, understand configurations
including timers, alarm/warning options, reading and changing
- Ability to interface with OEM components, examples are Future
Star or Levitronix flow meters, Adsen or SMC pressure transducers,
capacitive Sensors, E&H pH and Conductivity probes and
controllers, Specific Gravity or Densitometer sensor. OEM or
in-house manuals available to assist in use and
troubleshooting.General and Communication Skills:
- Use above skills to test out an electrical, mechanical,
pneumatic chemical or slurry blend and/or delivery system via a
Functional Test Matrix (FTM). Tests include verifying EMO(s),
Interlocks, Alarms, sensors, analog signal devices, and complete
functional tests that prove out the functionality of our Mega Fluid
- An expert at customer interface, FSE I / II has the ability and
experience to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative to
others; the ability to train and instill the need for
- Excel in time management, organizational, and problem-solving
skills, and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is required.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and bend, and occasionally lift 25
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time.Computer
- Microsoft 365Education/Experience:
- Associates Degree or higher in a related technical
- OSHA10 Certification.
- 5 years of formal technical training or experience exhibiting
the knowledge and technical skills outlined in this job
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance/Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- FSA and HSA
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement PI207376720
Keywords: Mega Fluid Systems, Livermore , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...