Senior Technical Training Instructor (Electric Lineman)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Requisition ID -# 136781 -Job Category: Human Resources -Job
Level: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Operations - OtherJob
Location: Livermore; Chico - -Department Overview -The Electric
Operations Training Team is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy
that focuses on strategically aligning itself with Electric
Operations business toward a goal of creating the safest most
reliable electric operating system in the industry. It is our job
to increase employee safety and productivity by designing,
developing, and delivering best in industry learning and on the job
support solutions. We are seeking team members who can thrive
autonomously in a fast-paced environment that is undergoing change.
To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a passion for
learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and
external relationships, and have a strong propensity for action,
results and continuous improvement. -Position SummaryThis role
includes being part of a team of instructors that deliver Electric
technical training to PG&E's workforce in a manner that allows
the workforce to perform their jobs safely and efficiently. The
successful candidate will ensure that PG&E Academy's technical
training programs are delivered with the highest level of safety
and performance standards, training all employees to competence and
in compliance with PG&E's standards, procedures and Instructor
Excellence guidelines. As an Instructor, you will instruct, present
and observe students within the Electric Operations Department. The
successful candidate will be part of building a best in industry
Electric Operations Delivery Team. - -
- The work location for this position will be in Livermore or
- The work schedule will be Monday-Thursday 0600-1630.
-Relocation and Sign-on bonus eligible for qualified candidates -
-PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in
good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of
the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the
locality of the job. -The actual hourly rate paid to an individual
will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to,
specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience,
market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we
estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be
placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision
will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors. -The
hourly rate for this position ranges from $54.80 to $87.50. - -Job
- Coach, mentor and develop team members in order to reach team
and individual goals and strengthen core competencies.
- Coach technical instructors to set expectations around what
best in industry training delivery looks like and work to improve
overall skill set.
- Create and implement team strategies to ensure work is executed
on time, on target and on budget.
- Effectively find solutions to issues and risks presented by
team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong working relationships
with line of business (LOB)directors/managers, project managers,
and team members, working collaboratively to identify training and
performance requirements and advising on learning solutions aligned
with those requirements.
- Interface with client for course and training material
feedback. Make suggestions for improvements and changes to
curriculum working with Curriculum Development.
- May lead the development of critical new tools, technology and
techniques that requires cross functional coordination.
- Plan, establish and maintain scheduling in conjunction with
operations partners to maximize instructor booking efficiency and
quality, adhere to budget and achieve results-driven learning
- Provides technical leadership within the department.
- Work with Academy partners, including Curriculum Development,
Professional Development, Operations, and eLearning to plan for
assisting in Academy projects and rollouts.
- Works closely with Academy Management, line of business
leadership, project managers, information systems technology
services (ISTS) teams, and PG&E Academy curriculum.
- Development, and operations teams to ensure timely and accurate
delivery of PG&E learning solutions that meet our company's
goals and needs. -Qualifications -Minimum:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of related experience in respective technical trade
(Journey-man level - Lineman)
- Mastery of skillset in which training will be delivered
- Must obtain PG&E internal training certification
requirement within 12 months of job start date -Desired:
- College degree in engineering or Apprenticeship Completion in
technical discipline (Lineman)
- 6 months experience as a Technical Training Instructor
- 2 years at Journeyman level in respective technical trade
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Livermore , Senior Technical Training Instructor (Electric Lineman), IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!