Software Test Engineer
Company: Curtis Instruments, Inc.
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Do you want to design software for electric vehicles? If so, and
you enjoy working with a great, small team of engineers, we may
have the job for you!We are looking for a Test Software Engineer to
join our Test Engineering Group!This position is located at our
premier engineering facility in the San Francisco Bay Area -
Livermore, CA.What you'll do:
- Design, supervise construction of, write software for, and
commission automated and non-automated test equipment for use on a
medium volume/high mix production environment.
- Provide technical support for the equipment in remote/overseas
- Participate in new product development teams to ensure products
are designed for test and that adequate equipment is ready for
- Design and development of electronics hardware and software for
the production testing of embedded microprocessor based power
electronics systems, using a platform approach.
- Commissioning, qualification and documentation of test
equipment in production facilities worldwide.
- Provide technical support for all overseas manufacturing
- Compile test plans, analyze test methods and process flows to
optimize test overage and cost, taking into account setup times,
reliability, repeatability, handling, fixturing, etc.
- Monitor test yields, investigate problem areas and implement
- Participate in the new product development teams, providing
guidance and assistance to product development engineers and taking
responsibility for all aspects of production testing for those
- Train test operators and technicians.
- Implement the published Test Engineering Strategy.We are
interested in hearing from you if you possess the following:
- BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or
- 3-5 years experience in software development, preferably in C
or C#, CVI
- Solid knowledge of electrical principles, PC architecture, and
data acquisition systems
- Experience in power electronics or motor controls is
- Documentation systems knowledge is desirable, especially CAD
documentation packages such as Solidworks and PADS
- Requires occasional work from home to support international
Curtis facilities and up to 15% international travel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as
excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and good organizational skills
- Mathematic ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios and proportions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- PC literate with experience in MS Office and databases
Keywords: Curtis Instruments, Inc., Livermore , Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!