Windows Systems Administrator
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Company Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!Are
you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world
to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.We are committed to a diverse and equitable
workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the
diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and
perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for
continued success of the Laboratory's mission. Job Description We
have an opening for a Windows Systems Administrator to provide
advanced technical computer and infrastructure support for systems
in this heterogeneous environment. You will work in a safety
conscious, challenging, rapidly changing, and team-oriented
environment to solve a variety of complex technical problems in a
timely manner. This position is in the Information Technology
Operations (ITO) Division within the Computing Directorate.This
position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and
related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job
responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the
higher level.In this roleyou will
- Work primarily at the main Livermore facility providing
computer infrastructure operational support in a fast paced and
heterogeneous environment. Provide monitoring of both Corporate and
Isolated Networks and Core Infrastructure Services, such as
Exchange, Active Directory, Storage Systems, Backups, VMWare
Virtual Servers, DNS, DHCP, Citrix, etc.
- Foster and advocate WCI IT core values, policies and procedures
to customers while practicing good time management and balance
between project and support work.
- Provide expertise for the complex installations, perform
security patching and hardware and/or software upgrades using
independent judgment to resolve complex systems and network-related
- Collaborate with management, customers, and team members to
evaluate and recommend procurements of Windows or Appliance based
hardware and software.
- Independently resolve problems, requiring highly advanced
knowledge of one or more platforms (e.g., Windows, Exchange,
VMWare, Active Directory, Citrix, etc.).
- Define and maintain support documentation and procedures.
- Be a team player, maintain appropriate technology, computer
security, and safety knowledge, and support and represent the
- Perform other duties as assigned.Additional job
responsibilities, at the 393.2 level
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex system and
- Serve as a technical leader and an internal and external
consultant in area of expertise, providing highly advanced
technical assistance to the user community and collaborating with
customers in the design of their computing environment.
- Lead projects, drive problem resolution, work with vendors, and
manage cases if required. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent
combination of technical training and experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and technical experience with
Windows and/or Linux operating systems and/or Virtual environments
and related hardware.
- Experienced with Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP,
Computer Security and/or Networking Protocols.
- Ability to independently set priorities and resolve complex
problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise effective customer support skills in a
diverse user community with widely varying levels of computer
- Proficient interpersonal and verbal and written communication
skills, with the ability to work independently and interact with a
multi-disciplinary staff in a team environment.Additional
qualifications at the 393.2 level
- Highly advanced knowledge of and significant experience with
Windows, and/or Linux operating systems, and/or Virtual
environments and related hardware.
- Significant experience mentoring employees in technical
- Significant experience serving as a technical team lead on
projects, achieving positive results, and driving projects to
closure on time and on budget.Qualifications We Desire
- Broad in-depth knowledge and technical expertise with
vulnerability remediation, system patching with enterprise support
tools. Management of software distribution, computer system
hardware, software, protocols, principles; Windows computer
security concepts and practices and Windows operating systems.
- Professional computer certification (e.g., MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA
A+) or a professional network certification (e.g., CCNA).
- Experience directing complex system troubleshooting. Additional
Information Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
environmentLearn more about our company, selection process,
position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite
.Security ClearanceLLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most
positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference
Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, wewill
initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information or
matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to
random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you
may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE
L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional
information please see DOE Order 472.2 .Equal Employment
OpportunityLLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
laws.If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation
during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a
request via our online form .CaliforniaPrivacy NoticeThe California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California
residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and
non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information
LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can
be accessed here . Videos To Watch - provided by Dice
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Windows Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!