Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for Software Developers with a
combination of education and experience commensurate with
supporting a variety of software development assignments. The
selected candidates will work on multi-disciplinary teams in an
environment that encourages the support of the academic research
community while focusing on problems of interest to LLNL and DOE
programs as a member of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team
environment. These positions will be within a group in the
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and
related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job
responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the
In this role you will
- Provide computer science and software development support using
industry standard software development practices and modern
programming languages and operating systems.
- Develop a range of applications including scientific, graphical
user interface, database, and visualization applications on UNIX
- Participate in the requirements definition, analysis, design,
implementation, debugging, testing, and optimization of computer
programs on workstations.
- Participate on a research team to support work and research
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and
organizational objectives, functioning as an effective team member
on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Engage other developers frequently to share relevant knowledge,
opinions, and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The SES.2 Level
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain software systems using
object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Provide solutions to moderately complex problems involving
largely identifiable factors.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or
a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and
- Skilled in all aspects of software project life cycle:
feasibility, requirements, design, implementation, integration,
test and deployment.
- Experience developing software with either Python, C++ or JAVA
within Linux, UNIX, and/or Windows environments.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with
competing priorities and meet deadlines that are important to
- Experience approaching difficult problems with enthusiasm and
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all
levels of personnel with the ability to work independently in a
multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to prepare,
present, and document technical information.
Additional Qualifications At The SES.2 Level
- Ability to work effectively with minimal guidance.
- Experience providing innovative approaches and applying new
technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Broad experience applying effective analytical and
problem-solving skills to moderately complex problems.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Perl, Web Technologies, Ajax, or HTML5, Oracle
database schema design and SQL, distributed control systems,
real-time operating systems, Big Data analytics, NAS, platforms,
resource management systems, Linux virtualization, cloud computing
technologies, grid frame works, and cloud file systems, revision
control systems, remote boot protocols, and/or experience in a High
Performance Computing environment.
- Experience with application development using object oriented
methods, an understanding of fundamental networking and distributed
computing concepts, and/or experience maintaining a High
Performance Computing system.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!