Linux Support Technician - Clearance Required
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Company Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!Are
you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world
to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.We are looking for individuals that
demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team
peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an
inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging
problems. Job Description We have an opening for a Linux Support
Technician to provide Linux support for unclassified and/or
classified systems in a heterogeneous environment to solve a
variety of complex technical problems in a timely manner. You will
be responsible for installing, configuring, securing and
maintaining systems, as well as loading layered products and
troubleshooting system problems. This position is in the
Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division in the Computing
Directorate.This position will be filled at either level based on
knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team.
Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned
if hired at the higher level.In this roleyou will
- Install new computer system hardware and upgrades.
- Install and configure printers and other peripherals.
- Install and configure operating systems, computer security and
- Secure computer systems and monitor to ensure that they are in
compliance with Department of Energy (DOE) - mandated orders.
- Diagnose and resolve moderately complex system, printer, and
- Provide technical assistance to the user community.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety
- Perform other duties as assigned.Additional job
responsibilities, at the 593.3 level
- Perform complex installations and configurations.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system and network-related
- Provide advanced technical assistance to the user community.
- Associate's Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent
combination of technical training and experience.
- General working knowledge of desktop and/or server computer
hardware and operating systems (viz., RedHat Enterprise Linux
and/or RedHat Fedora).
- Experience and knowledge of administering, troubleshooting,
maintaining, and repairing Linux computer systems.
- Experience with and knowledge of the skills needed for a
customer support role to include a focus on listening,
rapport-building, good communication skills, friendly and
approachable nature, and courtesy and patience.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communications
skills, with the ability to interact with customers and team
- Experience with and knowledge of Linux computer security
protocols to manage user accounts, as well as control and monitor
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE)
Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another
U.S. government agency at time of hire.Additional qualifications at
the 593.3 level
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems and associated
- Significant experience developing tools and utilities.
- Significant experience resolving complex system and
network-related problems.Qualifications We Desire
- Professional computer certification (e.g., RHCSA, RHCE, CompTIA
A+, CompTIA Security+).
- Experience securing computer systems, writing security plans,
and monitoring activity to ensure compliance with DOE mandated
- General working knowledge of network hardware, software,
protocols, and principles. Additional Information Why Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
environmentLearn more about our company, selection process,
position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite
.Security ClearanceLLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most
positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference
Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, wewill
initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information or
matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to
random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you
may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE
L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional
information please see DOE Order 472.2 .Equal Employment
OpportunityLLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
laws.If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation
during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a
request via our online form .CaliforniaPrivacy NoticeThe California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California
residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and
non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information
LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can
be accessed here . - provided by Dice
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Linux Support Technician - Clearance Required, IT / Software / Systems , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!