Human Resources Manager
Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Company Overview: Since 1952, All-Guard Alarm Systems, Inc. has
been dedicated to providing peace of mind to business and
residences throughout the Bay Area. From Fortune 500 companies to
the average family home, we have the same proven dedication to
customer service that has served our customers for over 70 years.
We are one of the largest independent electronic security & fire
protection companies in California and will continue to protect
businesses and families for generations to come.
All-Guard is currently seeking a knowledgeable, self-motivated, and
organized individual to be our Human Resources Manager. If you
enjoy creating policies, procedures, and presiding over personnel
issues, this may be the perfect position for you!
Position Overview: Sole HR person for a small company of
approximately 70 employees. Plans, directs, and coordinates Human
Resources activities. Ensures compliance with local, state,
federal, and industry laws/standards.
Key duties & Responsibilities: Please note the essential functions
may vary depending on department size, organizational structure
and/or geographic location.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handing
questions, interpreting laws and company policy, and helping
resolve work-related problems.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal
employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed
- Updates employee handbook at least on an annual basis to ensure
compliance with new/updated laws.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to
establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal
- Process semi-monthly commission calculations and semi-monthly
- Utilizes Paychex Flex and Easy Clocking to import non-exempt
employee hours into Payroll system.
- Manually enters in employee time as needed.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment (telephone interviews,
in-person interview coordination, offer letter preparation,
pre-employment screening coordination, onboarding).
- Utilizes recruitment platforms to find best candidates for
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with
understaffing, refereeing disputes, conducting harassment or
discrimination investigations, firing employees, and administering
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and
- Provide current and prospective employees with information
about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages,
opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance
- Administer compensation, benefits, and performance management
systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, or coordinate the personnel,
training, or labor relations activities of an
- Oversee the evaluation, classification, and rating of
occupations and job positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive
attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee
- Develop, administer, and evaluate applicant tests as
- Develop or administer special projects in areas such as
employee appreciate events, company parties, and employee
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective
bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning
personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance
appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Maintain personnel files and tracking disciplinary
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires business experience
in a Central Station or Call Center environment. A Bachelor's
degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a Human Resources role.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer pre-employment physical, drug
screen, and background check.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out
responsibility with minimum direction.
- Ability to learn and understand of California & federal labor
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and following existing processes/procedures
within the department.
- Ability to write clean, specific and well documented procedures
- Computer Literacy - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- DICE/Sedona Software a plus.
All-Guard Alarm Systems, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate based on an applicant's age, sex, gender,
gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or
any other class protected by state or federal law.
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., Livermore , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!