Assistant General Manager, Livermore Laboratory Employee Services Association (LLESA)
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an
inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our
people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is
important for continued success of the Laboratory's mission.
$150,240 - $186,528 Annual
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline
only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting
starting pay including education, experience, the external labor
market, and internal equity.
Hybrid telecommuting options may be available.
The Human Resources Directorate (HR) within the Operations and
Business Principal Directorate has an opening for an Assistant
General Manager of the Livermore Laboratory Employee Services
Association (LLESA), a California 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation.
Under the direction and in partnership with the General Manger, the
Assistant General Manager will ensure practices and procedures are
in compliance with LLNL policies and procedures, Contract 44
requirements, and applicable state and federal regulations, laws
In this role you will
- Lead, plan, manage and oversee the operations of LLESA,
developing and executing new strategies, projects, and
- Assist in the supervision, direction, and oversight to ensure
that LLESA is in compliance with LLNL policies, procedures,
requirements, and applicable federal and state regulations, laws
and requirements as they relate to LLESA services for a non-profit
- Manage several of the Corporation's exempt and non-exempt
personnel and LLNS staff members, along with several LLESA
- Support the General Manager in the negotiation and
administration of the operating agreement between LLNS and LLESA
encompassing the following areas: budget and expenditures;
personnel support; facilities and equipment; insurance; and LLESA
- Represent LLESA/ HR on directorate and institutional committees
- Interact with and support the LLESA Board of Directors, ensure
meeting minutes accurately reflect meeting actions; and maintain
the Corporate Manual.
- Resolve complex issues as they relate to LLESA, the
relationship with LLNS, and the services, programs, and activities
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security,
and business practice requirements and policies.
- Oversee facility use and program procedures to ensure the
safety of program participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination
of education and extensive related experience. Typically has a
graduate degree or professional certification.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience planning and overseeing
the operations of a small non-profit service organization.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of and experience with
state and federal regulations, laws, and requirements as they
relate to non-profit corporations.
- Experience providing direction and oversight to a service
organization to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and
- Extensive experience working in a service area(s) such as work
life programs, childcare, recreation, etc.
- Significant knowledge, understanding and current experience
with childcare operations.
- Experience negotiating and administering
agreements/subcontracts between outside providers and a non-profit
- Experience in leadership and supervisory experience supervising
both exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Experience developing, implementing, and overseeing budgets,
contracts, legal requirements, insurance, audits, and accounting
functions in a non-profit environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and
written, necessary to effectively explain, direct, present, advise,
negotiate, and influence all levels of personnel. Qualifications We
- Knowledge and understanding of LLNL, DOE, NNSA policies,
procedures, and operating practices.
- Experience understanding liability exposure and compliance with
insurance requirements. Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit
- Our core beliefs - visit
- Employee engagement - visit
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level
clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal
background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also,
all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a
post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use
of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are
misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer
without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for
joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the
Career Page under "Find Your Job" of our website. If you have
encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer
that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do
To learn more about recruitment scams:
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing
all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status,
age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters
which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for
all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you
need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the
recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: LLNL, Livermore , Assistant General Manager, Livermore Laboratory Employee Services Association (LLESA), Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!