Inpatient Psychiatric Case Manager - On Call
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provides inpatient and intensive outpatient case management for
high-risk, high-utilizing members with acute and/or chronic
psychiatric conditions across the continuum of care. Develops
treatment and care plans for the specific population.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, assesses, and evaluates services
provided to members to promote quality and cost effective
- Develops and maintains case management policies and procedures
to assure optimal and appropriate member utilization of
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary approach to providing
continuity of care, including utilization management, transfer
coordination, discharge planning, and obtaining all
authorizations/approvals for outside services.
- Participates in the development of care paths.
- As an Intensive Case Manager coordinates the care of a large
caseload of high risk patients and provides assessments and
interventions in the community including in-home visits Consults
with internal and external physicians, health care providers,
discharge planning and outside agencies regarding continued
care/treatment or hospitalization.
- Arranges and monitors follow-up appointments.
- Makes referrals to appropriate community services.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for cost savings and
quality of care improvements across the continuum.
- Develops and collects reports and data, and trends utilization
of health care resources.
- Develops and presents in-service training and communication to
both internal and external stakeholders.
- Interprets regulations, health plan benefits, policies, and
procedures for members, physicians, medical office staff, contract
providers, and outside agencies.
- Coordinates the transmission of clinical and benefit
information and treatment to patients, families and outside
agencies including issuing Non-Coverage and Denial of Benefits
letters consistent with Health Plan Regulations.
- Acts as liaison to psychiatry clinics outside agencies,
non-plan facilities, and outside providers.
- Coordinates repatriation of patients and monitors their quality
of care. Provides administrative case management oversight to
Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities, Crisis Residential Programs, and
IMDs to ensure that services delivered to our members meet Kaiser's
Quality and Utilization expectations and guidelines.
- Provides administrative on-call to the RSR/Sub regional Office.
Provides Clinical and Administrative documentation in accordance
with Kaiser Regional Psychiatric Standards including the
Inpatient/Integrated Urgent Services Guidelines.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an inpatient psychiatric
setting or psychiatric emergency service.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience of care management or
clinical experience. Education
- Master's degree (Social Work or Psychology), or PhD
(Psychology) required. License, Certification, Registration
- LCSW, MFT or Psychologist License required.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an
NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Responsibility for a large caseload (50-100) for an extended
period of time.
- Demonstrated expertise in crisis management.
- Demonstrated experience in utilization data collection and cost
- Knowledge of TJC, and other local, state, and federal
- Must be able to work in a Labor Partnership Environment.
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, Livermore , Inpatient Psychiatric Case Manager - On Call, Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...