KPPAAC Licensed Vocational Nurse On Call San Leandro
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Provides nursing care, under the direct supervision of a
Registered Nurse or physician, in accordance with the legal scope
of practice and within established standards of care, policies, and
procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical
Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization.
-Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate
quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and
treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the
health care team with dignity and respect.Essential
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, implement care in a
knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and courteous manner. Provide
care within the scope of the LVN license.
- Follow established standards of nursing practices to implement
facility policies and procedures related to medication
administration. Interpret existing policies and procedures related
to medication administration to nursing assistants, restorative
nursing assistants, residents, families and physicians.
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to residents to
include administration of medications and treatments. -Assess
residents physical and psychosocial condition and recorded in the
Minimum Data Sets (MDS) as required by the Federal and State
guideline. -Monitor residents for effectiveness of drug and other
treatments, and any adverse effects.
- Communicate with physicians and other members of the
interdisciplinary team, residents, and families in order to assure
the delivery of quality care. Document assessments, medication
administration, treatments and other interventions as described by
the plan or care, physician and family notification per
- Reports to the Day or Evening Nursing Supervisor.Basic
- N/A -Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. -License,
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support -Additional Requirements:
- Ability to work under stress in a busy/complex
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be a service-oriented individual and maintain the highest
level of courtesy to residents, families and co-workers.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Foreign language skills preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and
- Intravenous therapy (IV) certification by the CA Board of
Vocational Nursing preferred. -Preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) year recent skilled nursing facility or acute care
experience preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed &
Keywords: Kaiser, Livermore , KPPAAC Licensed Vocational Nurse On Call San Leandro, Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!