Physician Assistant SH
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Under the direction of a supervising physician, the Physician
Assistant provides high quality, efficient, team based patient
focused care. The Physician Assistant's responsibilities may
include managing patients in the office, hospital, ED and/or
perioperative setting. The Physician Assistant may be required to
First Assist in the OR or perform other department specific
procedures. The Physician Assistant may also facilitate on call
responsibilities for his/her supervising physician. The Physician
Assistant's daily responsibilities may vary based upon the
department & supervising physician needs and may require evening or
weekend work hours.
- The Physician Assistant will practice as part of a team under
the direction of their supervising physician. Primary Duties will
be inclusive of the following but not limited to:
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination,
and compiles patient medical data, including health history and
results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as imaging
studies, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets
test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections,
immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Performs other department specific diagnostic or therapeutic
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records
progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development,
family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health
maintenance and other relevant patient education.
- Based upon Specific Specialty, additional duties may include
- Facilitate admissions, transfers, discharges
- First assist in surgeries or perform procedures as applicable
- Round on inpatients
- Performs admission evaluation on patients to include: obtaining
basic medical information and history, reviewing patient's medical
record, performing physical exam, documenting findings into patient
medical record, and reporting deviations from normal findings to
- Provides patient and family with pre-operative/pre-procedure
and other pertinent education.
- Answers questions regarding surgery or procedures, recovery and
risk factor modification; provides blood transfusion information as
applicable; performs peri-operative procedures; locates and
utilizes diagnostic images, instruments and pertinent patient
- Reviews patient chart noting allergies, pertinent medical
history, and abnormal physical findings.
- Assists in performing surgical procedures and other procedures
consistent with the standards of care and practice guidelines:
- Depending on the specialty, may work as the First Assist during
surgical procedures, start IV's, and/or perform suturing.
- Performs post-operative procedures to include entering standard
post-operative orders into patient medical records; assists
physicians with evaluation and management of patient's status
during recovery; reviews vital signs, laboratory and diagnostic
studies; assists with management of patients.
- Facilitates patient discharge; dictates discharge and transfer
summaries in a timely manner.
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
by start date.
License, Certification, Registration
- NCCPA certified at time of hire and maintained throughout
career at Kaiser Permanente.
- California State Physician Assistant License, issued by
Physician Assistant Board under Medical Board of California by date
- BLS certification required.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI,
prior to employment start date and meet current Medicare
requirements for billing.
- Fluoroscopy Permit required, or must be obtained within 18
months from the date of hire in Orthopedics, Interventional
Radiology, and Radiation Oncology only.
- May be required to have experience and competency in performing
specific tasks required by department.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
San Ramon OBGYN
Walnut Creek OBGYN
Deer Valley MOB OBGYN
Delta Fair OBGYN
PrimaryLocation : California,Livermore,Livermore Medical
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon-Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 08:15 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:30 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-05-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Physician Assistants,Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Department : Livermore Medical Offices - Obstetrics/Gynecology -
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Livermore , Physician Assistant SH, Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!