Medical Insurance Collector
Company: Iconma, L.L.C.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the
* Assures that all phases of processing client information are in
compliance with HIPAA, PHI regulatory and related policies and
practices; reports any Compliance issues to the Director of
* Coordinates the insurance verification process and makes sure
that the client understands their co-pay responsibility.
* Responsible to follow-up as necessary to facilitate the
collection of co-pays.
* When applicable may gather credit card or other payment
processing information from client and enters into system to
process payment for account.
* Manages the entry of client information into computer system in a
timely manner and contact of referral source, customer and/or
client to obtain missing information needed to set up client for
* Ensures that the data is accurate and complete.
* Confirms all sales orders in the system and ensures that all
required information (e.g. proof of delivery, signed prescription,
signed acknowledgement form, etc.) is on file before submitting
claim for payment.
* Follows up on all missing sales orders and reconciles billing
questions on a regular basis until payment status is complete.
* Responsible for the timely submission of claims (electronic and
paper as needed) to payers; Corrects and resubmits front-end and
back-end rejected claims.
* Ensures that all cash is posted to the correct account in a
* Responsible for the timely follow-up and collection of payments
due to the organization.
* This is accomplished by generating invoices and/or following up
with clients and/or payers.
* Uses available resources to maintain current regulatory
guidelines and reimbursement information to insure that the company
is obtaining all appropriate information as required for billing
* Processing, resolving and logging customer inquiries.
* Looking for back end experience with appeals. AR follow-up
* In this role, you will handle and resolve all insurance follow up
and denial issues to ensure that company receives correct
reimbursements from the insurance companies.
* The incumbent will serve as the liaison between insurance
companies, patients and the departments to ensure the claims are
processed and followed up to meet companies goals of account
receivable days, aging account percentages and cash goals.
* They will also research and answer all questions and complaints,
regarding patient responsibility balances and billing inquiries
sent to them through the customer call center with the highest
degree of courtesy and professionalism.
* This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject
to change by management.
* Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships with
internal and external colleagues.
* Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and
dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to
collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the
Collector Level I
* Demonstrates proficiency and accuracy in operating systems
directly related to specific job function.
* Initiates contact with insurance carriers regarding status on
* Maintains accurate and complete collection notes concerning
collection activities on all accounts according to company
procedures and requirements.
* Can work independently.
* Takes incoming calls from insurance carriers and patients.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
* Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are
* Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Performs any other function as required by management.
* Represents company and team in a professional and positive
* Meet and exceed daily and monthly production goal.
* Effective communications with staff and management.
* Demonstrates basic understanding of billing system; able to
complete basic tasks based on job function.
* Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, work
* Able to toggle between computer screens.
* Exhibit competency in the utilization of computers, telephones,
calculators, fax machines and devices-level of competency 90%.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Associate degree preferred
* Preferred years of experience - Level one representative 1 to 3,
Level two representative 3 to 5 and Level three five or more.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
* Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office Word, Excel and
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
* Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices
* Exhibits customer and service-oriented behaviors in every day
* Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal
workforce and external customers.
* Treat others with unconditional respect, dignity and equality
* Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication of
information in a manner that is understood by all.
* Able to listen, understand, problem-solve, and carry-out duties
to ensure the optimal outcome.
* Able to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient manner.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating
an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Keywords: Iconma, L.L.C., Livermore , Medical Insurance Collector, Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!