Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional Initial Assessment Coordinator
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job Description - Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional
Initial Assessment Coordinator (934295) Licensed Masters Mental
Health Professional Initial Assessment Coordinator Job Number:
934295 Posting Date : Jan 27, 2021, 8:22:57 PM Description Provides
mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis
intervention services for adult and/or child members who present
themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental
health needs. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and
allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual
members treatment program. Develops, implements, coordinates, and
evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment,
and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental
illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and
evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to
individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels
patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed
therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication
regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized
therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate
support to member's family. May develop and conducts
psychoeducational classes and groups. Prepares intake summaries,
treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing
confidential records. Charts member's treatment and progress in
accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted
community standards. May be required to participate in the
department on-call rotation. Collaborates with physicians in
screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications,
within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and
private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of
the member's treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates
behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of
settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to other
care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental
health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. May supervise
Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social Workers, Associate
Marriage Family Therapists or Associate Professional Clinical
Counselors as needed if supervision course is completed. May
provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- Master's degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical
track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required
from an accredited college or university. License, Certification,
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family
Therapist in the State of California or Licensed Professional
Clinical Counselor (must meet couples and families requirement or
complete within two (2) years of hire) with the State of California
approval by the Board of Behavioral Science.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI,
prior to employment start date. Additional Requirements:
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad
range of psychiatric conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and
professional board standards as is related to member treatment,
patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous post license, experience as a member of a psychiatric
treatment team in an outpatient or inpatient setting/program under
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
preferred. Primary Location : California-Livermore-Livermore
Building B Scheduled Hours (1-40) : 40 Shift : Day Working Days :
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start : 10:30 AM
Working Hours End : 07:00 PM Job Schedule : Full-time Job Type :
Standard Employee Status : Regular Job Level : Individual
Contributor Job Category : Behavioral / Mental Health Public
Department Name : Livermore Medical Offices - Rgnl Med Fac-Call
Cntr - 0206 Travel : No Employee Group : A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ
Behavioral Hlth Ser Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual
orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic
information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and
inclusion, or any other protected status. External hires must pass
a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest
and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a
manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as
applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San
Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Click here for
Important Additional Job Requirements. Share this job with a friend
You may also share this job description with a friend by email or
social media. All the relevant details will be included in the
message. Click the button labeled Share that is next to Submit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Livermore , Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional Initial Assessment Coordinator, Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!