Registered Dietitian I - Grade 30
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition care & services to
patients/clients in response to protocol & physician's orders to
include the following: assessment of Patient's nutritional
risks/status, development of care plans to meet nutritional needs
of patients, counseling of patients & family members, and education
of patients, family members & caregivers. In addition, hospital
Based RD work w/ the Food Service staff to coordinate the food w/
the diet orders, & work to establish quality standard w/ staff and
services provided may be on medical center wide basis, in specialty
area (e.g. ambulatory, maternal/child health, home health, hospice,
etc.) &/or across the continuum.Essential Functions:
- Provides comprehensive nutritional care, which is customer
focused & cost effective, while maintaining high quality service
standards, to our members.
- Provides nutritional screening & assessment of patients for
appropriate nutrition intervention.
- In accordance with physician orders, develop individualized
nutrition care plans based on patient's age, sex, diagnosis,
cultural background, pain level, preferences, & religious
- Conducts audits &/or menu reviews, & ensures patient menus
or supplemental feedings meet nutritional requirements &
physician's orders for individual patients to include size, age,
gender, cultural backgrounds, preferences, diagnosis, pain level, &
- Develops meal plans to meet the member's lifestyle.
- Documents in the medical records as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities w/ the food service department to insure
quality & accuracy of the food served to the patients.
- Monitors the accuracy of the tray related to the MNT or diet
order according to diet manual.
- Checks for quality of product & is responsible for corrections
& quality follow-up w/ manager/supervisor, staff, or vendor.
- Writes assessments, implements nutritional care plans, &
follows the care & progress of the patients per protocol.
- Participate in the design, development & implementation of high
quality, cost effective food & clinical nutrition programs,
policies & practices in the medical center, & ensure compliance w/
administrative, legal & regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation & maintenance of
nutrition care, & service standards.
- Participates in the development & implementation of quality,
service & performance improvement processes related to the delivery
of clinical nutrition services.
- Contributes to the overall cost structure & service improvement
goals of the Service Area.
- Conducts quality assurance audits & participates in committees
& meetings to receive & report information.
- Assists in compiling audit information & standard setting.
- Provide feedback to Division Food & Clinical Nutrition Services
staff or menu modifications & revision.
- Provides input to the budget process.
- May provide in-service training to staff.
- Participates in the organizations quality program.
- Helps identify risk factors and establish performance targets &
- Performs quality audits, reviews work, & assists others to
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- May mentor, assist, review, assign, correct, organize and/or
coordinate the work of new employees, students, Nutrition Aides,
Nutrition Clerks, Nutrition Assistants and Diet Technician
Registered but does not have the authority to hire, fire or
- Six (6) months of experience in clinical nutrition as a
registered dietitian. If working in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD),
must have at least one (1) year of experience in clinical nutrition
as a registered dietitian.Education
- Bachelor's degree in food and/or nutritional science.License,
- Current registration w/ the Commission on Dietetic Registry
(CDR) in good standing.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI,
prior to employment start date.Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of clinical competencies based on Nutrition Care
Standards of the American Dietetic Association, California Dietetic
Association (CDA), & American Society for Partenteral and Enteral
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations,
and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service
- Collaboration and problem solving skills required.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also, refer to position specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.Preferred
- N/AKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Registered
Dietitian I - Grade 30LOCATION: Livermore, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
871651External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Livermore , Registered Dietitian I - Grade 30, Healthcare , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!