Integrated Master Scheduling Manager - Active Clearance Required
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an
inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our
people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is
essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the
We have an opening for an Integrated Master Scheduling Manager to
support high hazard operations work within non-reactor nuclear and
high explosives facilities at Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory. With minimal direction, you will lead the scheduling
function and team to reflect management priorities, integrating
multiple projects with competing resources, requirements, and
deliverables. This position reports to the Engineering and
Maintenance Manager and is in Operations within the Weapons and
Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
In this role you will
* Work with senior managers and champion the development of an
Integrated Master Plan (IMP), including an Integrated Master
Schedule (IMS), by applying the principles and processes of project
management to large, complex, inter-related project schedules.
* Ensure schedules include accurate and appropriate lead times and
durations to maximize schedule compliance.
* Mentor and lead a team of 4-6 project schedulers and project
controls staff with regards to scheduling as the subject matter
* Lead the development of new processes, concepts or standards that
will aid integrated scheduling.
* Perform complex program schedule analysis to include metrics,
critical path, float, and schedule variances.
* Build and maintain a program-level IMS that includes major
milestones and deliverables from internal and external customers
* Represent the Laboratory to the sponsor and stakeholders and
serve on external scientific/technical committees and act as senior
technical expert on large programs/projects.
* Develop and implement plans to promote culture, diversity, equity
and inclusion Develop and implement plans to promote culture,
diversity, equity and inclusion.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE)
Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another
U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, or a related scientific field
or the equivalent combination of education and related technical
* Extensive experience with Critical Path Management (CPM)
scheduling and planning.
* Subject matter expertise and extensive experience with performing
Schedule Risk Assessments (SRAs) and managing enterprise of
* Expert-level knowledge of and substantial experience working with
scheduling tools, (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.).
* Experience working at a commercial, Department of Energy (DOE),
or Navy nuclear facility.
* Expert-level communication, facilitation, and leadership skills
necessary to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams of
technical experts through planning, scheduling, and technical
discussions, including conflict resolution skills necessary to
resolve differing professional opinions, scheduling conflicts, and
* Extensive experience working independently, managing multiple
competing priorities under pressure, and applying exceptional
organizational skills to accomplish work.
* Expert-level skills and experience analyzing and managing a
project or program schedule that will communicate to all levels of
the project team and stakeholders effectively.
* Expert interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and
advise senior management on various operational issues and matters
of significance to the organization.
* Significant experience in performance management and supervision
of technical, scientific, and administrative staff and managers,
including performance issues, career development, annual
performance appraisals, and salary management.
* Significant experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets and
establishing strategic operational goals for nuclear, radiological,
or high explosives facilities.
* Demonstrated experience implementing plans that promote and value
diversity, equity and inclusion principles in the workplace.
Qualifications We Desire
* 15+ years of professional experience.
* 10+ years of hands-on experience developing integrated
* Microsoft Project Black Belt Certification.
* PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification.
* Project Management Professional Certification.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external
candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
* Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
* Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
* Comprehensive Benefits Package
* Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
* Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level
clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S.
government agency at time of hire. For additional information,
please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required
to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes
testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse
workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status,
age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
LLNL invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters
which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive
experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the
Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Integrated Master Scheduling Manager - Active Clearance Required, Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!