Director Pharmacy Contracting
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This is a remote position and can be based in any KP location.
This job's purpose and primary focus is to lead the negotiations
with pharmaceutical manufacturers to attain agreements for
Commercial, Medicare Part D, Non-prescription and Specialty Drug
product utilization. Responsible for maintaining proprietary and
strategic relationships with the pharmaceutical industry.
Collaborates with and assists the Medical Groups and KP Medical and
Pharmacy Leadership in developing and managing drug cost and
utilization strategies. Essential Responsibilities:
- Leads negotiation, contracting and procurement of quality
pharmaceuticals used by the entire KP Program, nationwide.
- Leads and develop strategies for other business lines and other
duties as required at the direction of senior National Pharmacy
- Manages pharmaceutical bids for generic and branded
- Negotiates contract price, volumes requirements, and
- Develops and coordinates pharmacy purchasing and utilization
strategies, programs and intitiaves.
- Critically evaluate opportunities for value based contracting
and benefits designs. Plans, analyzes, coordinates and controls
policies and procedures relating to audit trails, distribution,
purchasing, quality control and overall compliance with
Federal/State/FDA and other regulations.
- Provide direction and insight to Pharmacy and Therapeutics and
Emerging Therapies leadership regarding contracting initiatives and
preferred product selection.
- Commands working knowledge of pricing policy and applicable
government regulations. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in contract management of
pharmaceutical products medical supplies, medical devices, medical
equipment or healthcare commodities including managing bids and
negotiating a contract based on the bid from price OR
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in a large
complex integrated healthcare delivery system, or multiple-facility
hospital provider system or similar setting. Education
- Degree in Pharmacy required. License, Certification,
- Pharmacist License (in location where applicable) Additional
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree in healthcare or business administration.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree. COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Director
Pharmacy ContractingLOCATION: Livermore, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
1082822External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Livermore , Director Pharmacy Contracting, Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!