Project Manager - GUIDE (Generative Unconstrained Intelligent Drug Engineering)
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an
inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our
people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is
essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the
We have an opening for a Project Manager to support the Generative
Unconstrained Intelligent Drug Engineering (GUIDE) program, an
exciting and fast-paced program combining predictive computational
modeling, machine learning, and experimental biology to develop
medical countermeasures for the Department of Defense (DoD). You
will work as part of the leadership team and coordinate with
technical leads in Engineering, Computations, Physical and Life
Sciences, and Global Security Directorates. You will manage cost,
schedule, reporting, and risk of a large and growing program and
act as the primary point-of-contact for internal and DoD contract
reporting requirements. This position is within the National
Security Engineering Division (NSED) of the Engineering
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and
related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job
responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the
In this role you will
* Apply advanced project management principles to multiple complex
technical projects at any given time while balancing resources and
* Monitor the progress of work and the impact of changes by working
as a liaison between onsite technical staff and program managers
within the Department of Defense.
* Guide technical staff to identify and evaluate engineering
standards and procedures to improve overall process efficiency.
* Conduct technical operational tasks in managing, planning, and
executing the scope, schedule, and budget, variance analysis,
recovery plans, and reporting for assigned control accounts.
Develop project plans including task estimation.
* Mentor technical leads developing project plans, project risk
assessments and responses.
* Perform complex analysis tasks independently, working towards
goals and objectives.
* Plan large efforts requiring collaboration with multiple
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.4 level
* Prepare system engineering analysis of stakeholders and codify
requirements, interfaces, verification and validation plans for
high complex and diverse projects.
* Prepare major cross-functional, multi-year project plans
including task estimation. Facilitate and interact with senior
leaders and internal and external stakeholders to complete project
* Prepare technical process strategies and plans and present to all
levels of management.
* Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
* Bachelor's degree in biology, engineering, or related technical
field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant
* Advanced knowledge and significant experience of project
management principles used in managing complex research and
development technical projects including organizing, managing, and
tracking scope, schedule, budget, and risk.
* Experience managing large Government contracts, in particular DoD
contracts, that integrate multiple, simultaneous Task Orders and
subcontractors with associated budget, schedule, and risk reporting
following industry-standard practices.
* Experience applying advanced analytical and problem-solving
skills to business outlooks such as forecasting, cost/benefit
analysis, and trending.
* Ability to engineer solutions by collaborating as needed across
different internal groups, and external stakeholders and where
required reprioritize and change programmatic direction depending
on emergent requests.
* Effective organizational skills, customer support, task
prioritization, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow
* Advanced written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary team members and
influence outcomes, as well as use discretion and problem-solving
skills to resolve issue.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.4 level
* Experience as a supervisor or team leader, engineering and
implementing complex business solutions, managing a team overseeing
multi-year, cross-functional research projects scheduling,
procurements, financial updates, non-disclosure agreements,
intellectual property, and consortium agreements.
* Experience developing highly complex research plans, developing
integrated project analyses, and designing and implementing
* Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills
necessary to advise and influence senior management and/or external
sponsors as well as managing conflict resolution and influencing
multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
Qualifications We Desire
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent training and
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external
candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
* Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
* Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
* Comprehensive Benefits Package
* Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
* Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level
clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal
background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or matter. In
addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug
testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For
additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required
to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes
testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse
workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status,
age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
LLNL invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters
which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive
experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the
Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Project Manager - GUIDE (Generative Unconstrained Intelligent Drug Engineering), Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!