Director Pharmacy Contracting
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 20, 2022
**This is a remote position and can be based in any KP
This job's purpose and primary focus is to lead the negotiations
with pharmaceutical manufacturers to attain agreements for
Commercial, Medicare Part D, Non-prescription and Specialty Drug
product utilization. Responsible for maintaining proprietary and
strategic relationships with the pharmaceutical industry.
Collaborates with and assists the Medical Groups and KP Medical and
Pharmacy Leadership in developing and managing drug cost and
- Leads negotiation, contracting and procurement of quality
pharmaceuticals used by the entire KP Program, nationwide.
- Leads and develop strategies for other business lines and other
duties as required at the direction of senior National Pharmacy
- Manages pharmaceutical bids for generic and branded
- Negotiates contract price, volumes requirements, and
- Develops and coordinates pharmacy purchasing and utilization
strategies, programs and intitiaves.
- Critically evaluate opportunities for value based contracting
and benefits designs. Plans, analyzes, coordinates and controls
policies and procedures relating to audit trails, distribution,
purchasing, quality control and overall compliance with
Federal/State/FDA and other regulations.
- Provide direction and insight to Pharmacy and Therapeutics and
Emerging Therapies leadership regarding contracting initiatives and
preferred product selection.
- Commands working knowledge of pricing policy and applicable
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in contract management of
pharmaceutical products medical supplies, medical devices, medical
equipment or healthcare commodities including managing bids and
negotiating a contract based on the bid from price OR
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in a large
complex integrated healthcare delivery system, or multiple-facility
hospital provider system or similar setting.
- Degree in Pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist License (in location where applicable)
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Masters degree in healthcare or business
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
PrimaryLocation : California,Livermore,Livermore Administration
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 09:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Director/Senior Director
Job Category : Pharmacy
Department : Po/Ho Corp - National Rx Programs & Servics - 0308
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Livermore , Director Pharmacy Contracting, Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!