Electric Program Manager, Expert
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Category : Project / Program Management-- Job Level :
Individual Contributor Business Unit: Electric Operations Job
Location--: Livermore Department Overview The men and women of
Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable
electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is
responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution
and transmission operations, including planning, engineering,
maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning,
restoration and emergency response. Position Summary Manages and
administers a company program, a grouping of project work or a
special customer offering with an annual financial budget. Provides
oversight, governance, communication, training, reporting, and
overall process and project management. Job Responsibilities
- Applies expert knowledge of Program Management to wide-ranging
issues and assignments. Works independently with guidance on only
the most complex issues. May lead project teams.
- Develops communication and training plans. Ensures target
audience is fully educated in the purpose of the program and the
proper processes and requirements to follow. Ensures compliance
with the program.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with the program.
- Leads partner organizations to develop and implement improved
processes, best practices, controls and procedures to improve
efficiencies, compliance and customer satisfaction and reduce
- Manages all aspects of programs that are cross departmental,
complex and have a significant impact on the line of business.
Leads development of plans to achieve program goals.
- May design and develop new programs under a larger umbrella of
goals and initiatives.
- May develop new policies and all relevant processes,
infrastructure, documentation, tools, etc. to support a new
program. Develops tools for tracking and control.
- May leads work teams or groups, no official direct
- May provide leadership or work direction to lower level
- May work with other project or program managers or peers in
other departments or regions to reschedule work, re-allocate funds
and explore other means to achieve financial and productivity
- Negotiates and sets productivity and unit cost targets.
Prepares accurate forecasts, monitors spending, and develops and
presents variance explanations. Develops business case for budget
and/or additional funding during the year. Works closely with peers
and leaders in line of business to ensure financial targets are
understood and achieved.
- Performs trend analysis to identify cost drivers and develop
and execute mitigation plans to improve business results. Manages
capital and expense spending to ensure work identified in the
program plan is completed and productivity cost targets are
achieved. Reviews cost monitoring systems to ensure that adequate
controls are in place to uncover and correct erroneous
- Plans and forecasts work to be completed as part of the
program. Monitors and ensures closure/completion of projects and/or
other program maintenance & construction work orders. Identifies
issues and develops solutions. Presents recommendations and
implementation plan to leadership for approval.
- Provides standardized regular reports, along with custom,
ad-hoc reports for special projects. May supports divisions with
reporting for operational metrics to provide intelligence on
performance trends. Develops and delivers presentation to leaders
regarding the program progress toward goals.
- Represents the program as a subject matter expert and
stakeholder on process improvement teams, regulatory filings, and
various stakeholder groups. May support the GRC witness with
testimony development and data request response support.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 7 years
- Experience in managing budgets
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management
Professional certification You currently have no recently viewed
jobs. Note that all fields are mandatory. Please set your category
and location selections prior to submitting.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read
PG&E. Email Address Category* Location*
- Project / Program Management, Livermore, California, United
Keywords: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Livermore , Electric Program Manager, Expert, Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!