General Manager- Sheet Metal Manufacturing
Company: ManuStaff, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
General ManagerResponsibilities include but are not limited
to:Leads and manages Production staff, responsibilities include.1.
Oversee all metal manufacturing related actives including, but no
limited to: scheduling and planning all sheet metal jobs processed
through the manufacturing facility.2. Manage the fabrication
scheduling process, meeting customer demand and continually
improving information and material flow.3. Operate in a job shop
process manufacturing environment.4. Oversee the scheduling &
planning of work orders and personnel throughout the facility to
ensure due dates are met.5. Recommend quality and efficiency
improvements of operations as they relate to sheet metal
fabrication.6. Participate in product design and development
solutions7. Communicate with Purchasing Manager regarding job
needs, and work closely with the Engineering Manager on all
projects.8. Optimize machine capability, control, utilization, and
material usage for automated, semi-automated, and manual
fabrication processes.9. Drive continuous improvement in
productivity, on-time delivery, quality, and safety.10. Maintain
and improve ISO 9001/14001 certified Quality/EH&S management
systems Qualifications11. Promote a clean and safe work environment
in the production facility.12. Attend all required meetings
including but not limited to production meetings and safety
meetings13. Follow all protocols as outlined in the company's
Safety Program. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.14.
Establish and implement organizational policies, goals, objectives
and procedures, conferring with owners and other management
personnel as necessary.15. Lead, mentor, and develop a team of
department managers, department leads, and manufacturing engineers
- cultivating talent and teamwork to support organizational
growth.16. Delegate production assignments to appropriate teams and
personnel.17. Work with all department leads and other management
personnel to ensure the easy flow of communication.18. Effective
communication skills and ability to work with others.19. Manage,
review and discipline all employees.Qualifications:
- Achieving demonstrated results in a variety of Production
environments. Specifically, SHEET METAL and MACHINING
- Business acumen through an acute understanding of Business
operations, operating model, manufacturing environments.
- Exceptional communications skills - verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to invoke and implement transformational
change at the operating level.
- Ability to comprehend and manage the business at a detailed
level while simultaneously not losing sight of the overall strategy
- Minimum of 10+ years in a procurement, or supply chain
- Able to identify raw materials and commercial off the shelf
- ERP and MRP experience required (Mie Trak Pro a plus)
- Knowledge of manufacturing process in fabrication environment a
plusSKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Self-Starter - A pro-active orientation and the ability to
operate independently to achieve goals.
- Success/Achievement Orientation - Ability to thrive in the face
of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
- Leveraging Relationships - Orientation to leverage all
relationships (internally and externally) to maximize overall
- Problem Solving - Ability to understand a situation and to
identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and
enhance the companies' brand.
- Assimilate into the AMP's culture through understanding,
supporting, and participating in all elements of great
- Regular attendance, in conformance with the standards, is
essential to the successful performance of the position.
- Due to the nature of the manufacturing industry, employees may
be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs
of the organization.
- Knowledge of specific duties for the production facility is
critical for the position.LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals in written in English.SAFETY
REQUIREMENTS:OSHA Laws require the use of the following Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have
the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Safety glasses
- Face shields
- Hearing ProtectionJOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITY:The
individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
and abilities.1. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand
English. Ability in Spanish is a plus.2. Must be able to read and
write to facilitate the communication process.3. Requires good
communication skills, both verbal and written.4. Most tasks are
performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a
leader.5. Must possess computer skills6. Must have extensive
knowledge of sheet metal manufacturingEDUCATION:
- Any combination of education, training or experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, is
- 3-5 years' experience in a management role
- 5-10 years of experience in welding, metal fabrication,
manufacturing, or other related field.
- Knowledge of Mie Trak pro system is helpful.
- Strong leadership skillsLICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- Valid driver's license
RULES & REGULATIONS:Upon employment, all employees are required to
fully comply with AMP's rules and regulations for the safe and
efficient operation of the organizationPAY AND
COMPENSATION:Compensation: Based on experienceOther: Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Life Insurance, Sick Leave, Paid
Birthday, Company Events
Keywords: ManuStaff, Inc., Livermore , General Manager- Sheet Metal Manufacturing, Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!