General Manager - Sheet Metal Facility
Company: Advantage Metal Products
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Advantage Metal Products is rapidly growing and proudly celebrating
over 32 years in business. We are a commuter destination of
Livermore nestled in the Easy Bay and neighboring the Central
Valley. We have a large-scale production facility with cutting edge
sheet metal and machining technology and machinery. Our team is
filled with fun, passionate, hard-working, and intelligent people.
We're an enthusiastic group that is willing to do whatever it takes
to get the job done with high quality and timely output as the top
priority. We're very proud of what we've built and humble every day
striving to build the best products and support our staff and
customers the best way we can. We build advanced mechanical
solutions for human life and world security! We are looking for
people who can be passionate about our values and be a part of our
Our Mission- Advantage Metal Product's dedicated team manufactures
precision metal products and offers value-add services. We deliver
innovative solutions for our customer's success. Our mission is to
develop and build the best quality components enabling our
customers to deliver superior product solutions. We do this by
focusing on the following:
The result is an unmatched customer experience and a long-lasting
Our Vision: Through partnering with our customers, Advantage Metal
Products will deliver innovative product solutions in the sheet
metal and machining industry. We will deliver a superior customer
experience by utilizing technology, passionate employees, and state
of the art equipment.
Our Core Values:
"Our people are our foundation, their experience, passion and
performance are the cornerstone of our company" - Phil Segundo, VP
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The General Manager is responsible for managing and leading a team
of sheet metal Department Leads and Operators who perform
construction, alteration, and repair of sheet metal products and
equipment in accordance with work orders, blueprints, drawings and
safety requirements; provide technical guidance and direction to
employees and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leads and manages Production staff, responsibilities include.
1. Oversee all metal manufacturing related actives including, but
no limited to: scheduling and planning all sheet metal jobs
processed through the manufacturing facility.
2. Manage the fabrication scheduling process, meeting customer
demand and continually improving information and material flow.
3. Operate in a job shop process manufacturing environment.
4. Oversee the scheduling & planning of work orders and personnel
throughout the facility to ensure due dates are met.
5. Recommend quality and efficiency improvements of operations as
they relate to sheet metal fabrication.
6. Participate in product design and development solutions
7. Communicate with Purchasing Manager regarding job needs, and
work closely with the Engineering Manager on all projects.
8. Optimize machine capability, control, utilization, and material
usage for automated, semi-automated, and manual fabrication
9. Drive continuous improvement in productivity, on-time delivery,
quality, and safety.
10. Maintain and improve ISO 9001/14001 certified Quality/EH&S
management systems Qualifications
11. Promote a clean and safe work environment in the production
12. Attend all required meetings including but not limited to
production meetings and safety meetings
13. Follow all protocols as outlined in the company's Safety
Program. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
14. Establish and implement organizational policies, goals,
objectives and procedures, conferring with owners and other
management personnel as necessary.
15. Lead, mentor, and develop a team of department managers,
department leads, and manufacturing engineers - cultivating talent
and teamwork to support organizational growth.
16. Delegate production assignments to appropriate teams and
17. Work with all department leads and other management personnel
to ensure the easy flow of communication.
18. Effective communication skills and ability to work with
19. Manage, review and discipline all employees.
- Achieving demonstrated results in a variety of Production
environments. Specifically, SHEET METAL and MACHINING
- Business acumen through an acute understanding of Business
operations, operating model, manufacturing environments.
- Exceptional communications skills - verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to invoke and implement transformational
change at the operating level.
- Ability to comprehend and manage the business at a detailed
level while simultaneously not losing sight of the overall strategy
- Minimum of 10+ years in a procurement, or supply chain
- Able to identify raw materials and commercial off the shelf
- ERP and MRP experience required (Mie Trak Pro a plus)
- Knowledge of manufacturing process in fabrication environment a
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Self-Starter - A pro-active orientation and the ability to
operate independently to achieve goals.
- Success/Achievement Orientation - Ability to thrive in the face
of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
- Leveraging Relationships - Orientation to leverage all
relationships (internally and externally) to maximize overall
- Problem Solving - Ability to understand a situation and to
identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and
enhance the companies' brand.
- Assimilate into the AMP's culture through understanding,
supporting, and participating in all elements of great
- Regular attendance, in conformance with the standards, is
essential to the successful performance of the position.
- Due to the nature of the manufacturing industry, employees may
be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs
of the organization.
- Knowledge of specific duties for the production facility is
critical for the position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in
written in English.
OSHA Laws require the use of the following Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential
of risk to your health or safety:
- Safety glasses
- Face shields
- Hearing Protection
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
1. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Ability in Spanish is a plus.
2. Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
3. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
4. Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee
acting as a leader.
5. Must possess computer skills
6. Must have extensive knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing
- Any combination of education, training or experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, is
- 3-5 years' experience in a management role
- 5-10 years of experience in welding, metal fabrication,
manufacturing, or other related field.
- Knowledge of Mie Trak pro system is helpful.
- Strong leadership skills
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- Valid driver's license
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with
AMP's rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of
PAY AND COMPENSATION:
Compensation: Based on experience
Other: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Life Insurance,
Sick Leave, Paid Birthday, Company Events
- Advantage Metal Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Advantage Metal Products, Livermore , General Manager - Sheet Metal Facility, Executive , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!