Sr Applications Engineer
Company: Curtis Instruments, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Are you looking for a position with a proven industry leader?
Are you looking for a position where you can be an integral part of
a team? This position, which is located in our premier engineering
facility in the San Francisco Bay Area - Livermore, CA.
Job Summary:Provide advanced technical/application support for
motor speed controller based vehicle systems. Develop technical
documentation and presentations for both pre and post-sales
technical support, as required. Travel to customer sites for
technical and sales support.Nothing in this job description
restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer
Engineering, or a related discipline, plus 7 or more years related
- Experience in understanding usage and application of electronic
- Significant Experience in application and/or design of control
systems and/or control systems components
- Must be able to design, write, and maintain C/C++ code
- Experience with developing software tools in a PC Windows
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated knowledge of good engineering practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as
excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective video-conference technical support for customers and
- Must be self-motivated and manage time well. Project management
experience is a plus
- Accuracy and good organizational skills
- Ability to interpret and create a variety of instructions in
written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink is a plus
- Familiarity with functional safety standards (EN13849 /
ISO26262) is a plus
- Assist customers with the application of Curtis motor control
products that best meet their requirements, including product
selection, system design, software design, troubleshooting and
production support both in the field and via telephone or other
- Estimate resources and timing required to design and develop
hardware and/or software needed to implement vehicle system
- Organize and lead cross functional and cross company teams to
design and implement vehicle systems from concept to
- Provide Product management and other appropriate groups within
the company with data relative to market requirements, product
shortcomings, competition, warranty problems and any other
information obtained through customer contact.
- Configure and tune motor controllers.
- Design and write software for customer controller applications.
Follow documentation and review processes that are required for
- Participate in and lead the development of Application Notes,
Data Sheets, Product Manuals and other technical literature in
coordination with the Technical Publications, Engineering and
Product Management organizations.
- Coordinate the building, documentation and shipping of
prototypes for customer evaluation. Upon acceptance of prototypes,
coordinate product releases of new models to production.
- Provide the Sales Department with technical assistance for
customer visits either in the field or in the factory, as
- Cross train Customer Support Engineers and Application
Engineers in skills duties and responsibilities as needed in the
performance of duties.
- Generate based on customer request, evaluate and review for
approval all technical ECN's submitted for the product group. Once
approved, notify subsidiaries, sales personnel and, when needed,
customers of ECN's that effect the form, fit or functions of the
controller being produced.
- Review all failure analysis completed by the Failure Analysis
with customers to facilitate root cause analysis and to identify
- Work with Engineering Quality Department to develop test
systems for customers to evaluate returned controllers.
- Support and develop PC based software tools for customer
end-of-line programming systems and field reprogramming.
- Develop and present training programs to educate the sales
force and/or customers on the proper selection and application of
the company's motor control products.
- Design, setup and run tests to validate design specifications
and applications suitability.
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve cost, design
time, reliability, durability, manufacturability, and stay abreast
of new engineering techniques and tools.
- Follow corporate operating policies.
- Assist other departments
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Curtis Instruments, Inc., Livermore , Sr Applications Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...